Pattimac

Wells
Does anyone have any experience of having their water supplied via a well. Am told this is quite common in rural areas, but just wondered if anyone has had first hand experience of this i.e. what are the pros and cons.
Thanks

leylaasena

Wells
No first hand experience but friends have a well.
They cost about 5,000 pounds to have dug and you need a pump to draw up the water which wont work when the electricity is off but as long as you fill your tank once a day when the electric's on that's not a problem.
All your water is then free but you still have to pay for your dirty water to be piped away if you've got mains sewage rather than a septic tank.
If you've got a pool or are in an area where the water supply is spasmodic it could be worth the investment.
I've also been told that if you're right on the coast the water can be slightly salty so you wont be able to drink it and it wouldn't do your washing machine much good.

crabbit

Wells
We have just had an Artesian Well which supplies water for drinking & watering the garden etc. installed on our property, the total cost was 600 YTL (20 YTL per metre), if we didn`t want drinking water, it would have cost 300 YTL.

£5,000 ?????
crying_baby.gif

Crabbit

Last edited:

leylaasena

Wells
Yep,5k is the price here in Altinkum.I know that for a fact.
That's for drilling down up to 100 metres.Any deeper than than and they charge per metre.
A Turkish friend had a quote just last week

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Wells
It will depend entirely on the geology of the region. If you are fortunate enough to live in an Artesian Basin getting to water is not a problem, although polution is more likely the closer you are to the surface. Just sticking a pick into the ground can, in some places, give you a spring.

If, however, you do not live on top of such a resource, you have to drill deep to get it. A friend of mine was quoted £6000 for a well east of Fethiye two months ago.

Ian

Wells
I have just rang the company here in Altinkum and the quote I got from them was £2800 - £3200 for drilling down up to 100 metres plus including pipes, fitting and dynamo which would be enough for a single property. Actually the price varies between 50 - 55 YTL per metre depending the geology of the area plus pipes and the pump.

Wells
OZTURKLER SIHHI TESISAT. Next to Tezel Eczanesi (Pharmacy) near the main mosque in town. The telephone number for them is 811 26 66...

murdo

Warp Factor 8
Wells
This is interesting. If you are near the coast in your part of Altinkum, is it toosalty to water plants? I've heard artesian supplies can be salty near coastlines?
At the risk of sounding daft, do you "cap" it and only use electric/draw from when filling pools/watering gardens etc?

Darren

Wells
Your right- in some areas the water table is too salty to use- have a geological survey done of the water table first. Yes it is aways capped and there atre different pumping technologies yoiu ncan use. These typcially arent wells that you can look down into- just boreholes...a bit like me I fear...time to exit.

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Wells
My old site is well fed and approx 3 mins to the beach - Not salty in that part of Mavisehir

Guz1

Wells
murdo said:
This is interesting. If you are near the coast in your part of Altinkum, is it toosalty to water plants? I've heard artesian supplies can be salty near coastlines?
At the risk of sounding daft, do you "cap" it and only use electric/draw from when filling pools/watering gardens etc?

Our sitesi has an artesian well. It is used for filling the communal pool and each house has an outdoor tap which the Turkish residents use for watering their gardens where they grow all sorts of flowers, fruit and veg. According to our Baskan, the water is suitable for drinking although all houses have a mains water connection. We are very close to the sea.

This is a new well (last year) serving 50 houses. The well it replaced was deemed by the Council to be unsuitable because it wasn't deep enough. I posted details of the cost elsewhere on the forum.

earlybird

Wells
Does any one know the approx cost of such a well in the Yalikavak area?? Not too far from sea, but probably WELLLLL above sea level!!

jcrian

Wells
I will be doing a write up on having a well(bore hole) installed when I have all the costs involved.Have plenty of photos to post.

Wells
A hole drilled or dug down to water and lifted up therefrom by a pump or bucket is a well.
An artesian well is a hole dig, drilled or natural in or near the bottom of a valley from which water will rise naturally due to the pressure of the ground water in the surrounding hills. Best illustrated by a drawing which I am unable to do here. A google search should help.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom