kaplumba

Well done Ruthie Babes
I would like to sing the praises of Ruthie Babes who produced a calendar of 'The Men of Datca'. She raised 700 pounds for a Datca charity which helps disabled children and handed the money over to them a couple of weeks ago.
Well done Ruth.

Last edited:

GnD

Well done Ruthie Babes
Well done ! A respectable amount indeed.

Now if the men are naked I'm not fussed, but if there are firemen in uniform............. someone nudge me when the pics are up! :)

kaplumba

Well done Ruthie Babes
ROFL - just head and shoulders!! No firemen and no uniforms I'm afraid. Some of the men wouldn't see 60 again!! There were one or two younger ones. We did joke that her next one should be without clothes and suggested some artistic poses involving boats, fishing nets, sand and pebbles etc.

pebble

Well done Ruthie Babes
What a lovely project. Well done Ruthie. can we see pics of the calender?
why do i want to get involved in every good cause going around? could we try to presell for next year's calendar?
calendars are such a great thing, we had some in bodrum that a local school produced, they were avilable for sale at a lot of the shops, we sold a ton at the pharmacy for people to take back as gifts to their own country.
If somehow we could get the men on the beaches - and no, they dont have to be naked or anyti=hing like that....but tasteful....
they would sell like hotcakes.........
think of all those handicapped kids............that in itself is a great selling point, but having a touristy calender people can take back as gifts is the best, cause calenders are so easy to transport..........

kaplumba

Well done Ruthie Babes
The no clothes was a joke, I don't think many of them would look their best let alone be prepared to do it! I have never seen a fireman in Datca, I suppose they must have them. What is the uniform like? I do hope Ruth does another one for 2010. The charity she supports is so worthwhile. These children performed some dances at the Children's Day celebrations in Datca in April and were so proud of themselves. I expect Ruth's 700 pounds will be very helpful to them. I'm sure Ruth could tell you more about them but I believe they offer physiotherapy, sporting activities, music etc for these children.

Well done Ruthie Babes
Hi all, thankyou for all your lovely comments. It all started as a kind of mad idea one night in Datca but ended up very well. The clinic works with children with physical and mental disabilities of all kinds and the man and his partner who run it are very commited and work extremely hard. He is a physiotherapist and they collect children from villages around the area and bring them to the clinic for physio and various activities which stimulate them through music ,sport, etc as well as trips out on boats and places of interest to stimulate them. They also make crafts which are sold at their stall at the night market which is on every night.Sevinc in the Mir Mir bar has the calendars that are left over if anyone would like one .Thankyou to everyone who helped me sell them and who supported this worthwhile cause by buying one.Thankyou Jane and it was great to see you and the familly again.

Last edited:
Well done Ruthie Babes
The calendars are with Sevınc ın the Mir Mir bar and for those who are in Datca at the mo there will be a concert in the amphi theatre on Friday night to raise funds for the children. Tickets will be on sale at Maradonnas tonite Thurs.

Ruthie done really well and we had some laughs with them in the market on Saturday.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom