Weighing luggage
There was a thread not so long ago about the hand held luggage scales you can buy. Just a word of warning if you are going to buy some. I bought some at £4.99 and after weighing just three cases they have broken - they have stuck on 16 kilos, so I am now going to have to go out and buy some more, but this time I will spend more money and buy some that hopefully will last.:17:

I suppose I should have bought some more expensive ones in the first place, everyone knows cheap is dear in the long run.

Sue

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Weighing luggage
Are the scales digital? .. We had some that did that once but I changed the battery and they were fine.

martins

Weighing luggage
Hi
Got sum digital ones from amazon.Strap to case handle (no nasty hooks)pick up and then put down and read weight £11.99 inc p+p . Bet linda still trys to put more in mine though.

Lindacm

Weighing luggage
There was a thread not so long ago about the hand held luggage scales you can buy. Just a word of warning if you are going to buy some. I bought some at £4.99 and after weighing just three cases they have broken - they have stuck on 16 kilos, so I am now going to have to go out and buy some more, but this time I will spend more money and buy some that hopefully will last.:17:

I suppose I should have bought some more expensive ones in the first place, everyone knows cheap is dear in the long run.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Yes I agree. I posted the same on the 1st thread. I still had my receipt as they were less than a week old, so took them back.

red

Weighing luggage
Yeah take them back. I just weigh mine on my bathroom scales they were quite expensive - a long time ago -a long long time ago - I bought them to monitor my weight going up!!!!! That problem is now solved:) But they come in handy for the luggage.

aitchij

aitch
Weighing luggage
I just use my bathroom scales, never more that a few grams out when we get to the airport. Now I know there are a few of you boys on here like to stir things up a bit.
So if you are slightly over at check in and they want to charge you excess a friend of mine did this.
When the girl a check in said your total luggage is 4.5 kg over I will have to charge you for this, he repied Calibration certificate, sorry replied the girl. I weighed my case on scales at work that were officially calibrated and have a certificate to prove it. If you are going to charge me excess I want to see the certificate that they are correct.
she made a phone call and there was no more mention of excess charge.

Weighing luggage
my digital ones that everyone said where expensive proved to be brilliant. I'm not knocking anyone else's scales but sometimes it does pay to pay more.

jeff

bayview
Weighing luggage
Check out Amazon. They have a few for sale at various prices and some user reviews. The moral is (usually): you get what you pay for.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom