v6cod

Living in Okcular
Weed killer
Is there anything better than Roundup available locally for killing off what looks like grass that is coming up through a membrane.

I am talking about the stuff that starts its growth off as a sharp point and has a thick white root system that is next to impossible to remove as if a small bit breaks off it will regrow. The stuff pierces through a membrane with ease so I need to spray it off.

I have tried glyphosate (brought over fro the uk in powdered form) and this did start to kill it off but it will need repeated dosing with this to get the buggers.

Just wondered if this was the best course of action or if anyone can recommend somethng else you can buy locally.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Weed killer
For the really persistent stuff I use RoundUp and then a couple of days later I use a garden flamethrower directly on the plant to finish it off. Very satisfying ! :lol:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Weed killer
The grass you are referring to is couch grass.A very evasive weed which is almost impossible to eradicate.The couch grass in Turkey seems to be a lot more aggressive then the couch grass in cooler countries.
The root can travel long distances and will even go through the cracks of concrete walls to invade your garden.lt does not have any respect for boundaries.
The way l got rid of the stuff is through hard work at first and then spray a systemic chemical on the foliage for it to penetrate the vascular system where it does the damage.This will roughly take two years to complete.
Spray it spring time and then autumn time.But it does take two years approx.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Weed killer
Thanks bob, have you got any recommendation of a turkish systemic chemical I should get.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Weed killer
Try Raki ! I'm well and truly wilted after a bottle of it ! :lol:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Weed killer
All l can think of at the moment is a weedkiller,which is Sodium Chlorate WeedkillerBut l just do not know the name of it

Latest Posts

Top Bottom