Guz1

Weather
Just gathering my stuff together for my holiday. What's the weather like? Has the rain stopped or should I pack my brolly? Will I need a cardi for evenings? Are the mossies lying in wait expecting to feast on me?

Harem

I've cliqued
Weather
Oh Maria, now it's June and we have wall to wall sunshine, 24 hours a day and it's hot, hot, hot!!! Don't think you will need a cardi for the evenings.

Yes, the mossies are starving and awaiting your arrival!!

Guz1

Weather
Great news Harem. Thanks. No brolly or cardi and extra deet. Can't wait to see the sunshine.

CATHNJOHN

Weather
Hi Maria,just a word of warning ,in our part of Davutlar the mossies are extra vicious this year,dont think theyve been sprayed at all ,we were all badly bitten at Easter and then last week as well.

Guz1

Weather
Thanks for the warning. I had a feeling that they were lying in wait for me. Our site bought its own sprayer a few years ago. That year the caretaker made a point of spraying every other evening just as we sat down to dinner on the terrace. We all had to grab our plates and run indoors. When I moaned to the Baskan about the chemicals he was very quick to point to my cigarette. Haven't seen that sprayer since. Last year the Belediye spray truck came around the site but at least we could see them coming and take evasive action. If we're inundated I'll be asking the Baskan to get a refund on the sprayer.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Weather
Have a great sun time, just looked on the 15day forecast on accuweather.com, whoa, going to be very hot, lol. The theory of the anthistamine tablet seems to be working, take 1 each day (ideally 2 weeks before you go), and they should stay clear. My Brother-in-Law before we travelled last July for a bite he'd had in the Uk, the mossies feasted on us, but left him alone.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Weather
I was going to ask what the weather is going to be for the next 2 weeks in Fethiye, will i need a cardi?
I have been faithfully taking my vitamin B1 and my anthistamines for the last 2 weeks. I have my Avon Skin So Soft. Keep everything X for me please. Only 3 sleeps to go!!!!!!!!

Jeannie

Guz1

Weather
Thanks, SS, for reminding me about the antihistamines. I'm a bit late starting them but better late than never. I'm determined to have a bite free holiday this year, even packing a few pairs of socks in case my ankles need extra protection in the evenings. Who cares if I look ridiculous wearing socks with sandals.....I might start a new fashion.

Karyn UK

Weather
It's over 100 today Maria and no change in sight.

Mossies on the coast are hell this year, I spent half an hour at ladies beach and the next three days scratching and I take claritine every day as I have a problem with insect bites. Thank god we have a lot less up here in the village, another one of the benefits of village life.

Karyn

Guz1

Weather
Lucky you Karyn. 100 sounds like heaven. We had our summer here last week but now it's cold and windy again. My limbs a aching for some real heat.

Karyn UK

Weather
Lol...my old injuries are aching from the air conditioning :)

If you can drag yourself away from the beach and can find my out of the way place come for coffee or wine.

K

carolk

R.I.P
Weather
Come on Maria, the mossies are waiting for a treat! Lol. The weather is wonderful and, no, you wont start a trend with the socks!!!! :5:

Hope you have a wonderful holiday! Does that mean you will be off line?

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Weather
Mossies just love the northern Europeans,because they can pierce the skin so much easier to get at the life giving liquid organ that is a whole lot tastier then the southern counter parts.
Also never wear ultra violet clothing with a t-shirt reading come and get me.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Weather
I certainly don't need to wear anything that says "come and get me" the little b*****s come uninvited Aghhhhhhhh

Jeannie

alison09400

Weather
Maria, going outside in Kusadasi today was like standing under a blow torch....it was scorching hot and is to be the same for at least the next 2wks so forget about the cardi and brolly! :p
As for mozzies....they always attack me when I'm down in Guzelcamli! :kafa:

maggie

Weather
Just bring yer cardi if you wear it at least the mozzies wont bite all of you.!!!!

There seem to be hundreds of em this year maybe coz we had such a damp winter and spring.!!!!

Even the sitesi being sprayed dussnt seem to be doing much good this year.

hugs Maggie xxx

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Weather
Thanks, SS, for reminding me about the antihistamines. I'm a bit late starting them but better late than never. I'm determined to have a bite free holiday this year, even packing a few pairs of socks in case my ankles need extra protection in the evenings. Who cares if I look ridiculous wearing socks with sandals.....I might start a new fashion.

Oh Maria, just pmsl, when I see the men wearing socks and sandals they look so cool, lol not haha, but if it works for you who cares if you look cool or not, the little blighters get in everywhere. If you start on the anthistamines soon as, you'll be ok, I take Cetrizine, just 1, 10mg each day. Have a lovely bite free (well from the Mozzies)
:hehe: holiday.

Lesley

butt007

Warren
Weather
Well, down here in Konakli the day temp is 100deg and the night it is 80deg, it's great to just sit on the balcony with a book, a cuppa and a fag.
Warren

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Weather
Hi Maria

Just back on Saturday, weather great there, don't need a cardie. Enjoy your holiday.

Maura

Guz1

Weather
Thanks everyone. I'm really excited now.....rummaging around for summer tops. Can't find a swimsuit so might have to go native and swim in my clothes. Just thinking about the mossies has me scratching already.

Carol: I'll be offline for a couple of weeks unless I run into major problems in Turkey and need some urgent advice from experienced TLF heads.

Karyn: Thanks for the invite. We have some house business to attend to but if I get some time to spare watch out for an Irishwoman in socks and sandals.....you'll probably smell the insect repellant long before you see me.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom