suzie Q

weather in Dalyan in October
Hi everyone - we went to Turkey (Kalkan) last September for the first time and fell in love with the country - but want to stay somewhere where we can experience a bit more of authentic Turkish life this year. Unfortunately we can't get away until third week of October, but I've read that it can be quite rainy at that time of year - any thoughts about what it tends to be like in Dalyan in October? Is it still warm enough to swim (comfortably!)
Also, we don't have a boat licence but have hired a 15hp boat to chug around the coast in Greece before now and loved it - would we be able to hire a boat on that basis in Dalyan or do you need a licence? Thanks...

Hi Suzie Q
We were out in Dalyan 3rd week of Oct last year,the weather was lovely in the day,but would recommend a jumper or light jacket for evening! Most of the bars and restaurants had log fires burning which was cosy....

Andy & Sue

RichnKim

We've Made It!
October will still be hot in the daytimes although as mentioned chillier in the evenings. We went in the sea last October and it was quite warm and pleasant.
You must have a licence to drive a boat on the river. But there are some great boat trips you can do either shared or hire a private boat with a captain.

Richnkim

Bill Rocker

Not THE Suzie Quatro, bass player and wearer of tight leather trousers?

We 've been out twice in late October and it's still lovely and warm compared to the UK in "summer". The sea is obviously cooler but quite swimmable, however swimming pools are too cold by then. I'm told the rain starts by December so you won't need your plastic mac.

suzie Q

Thanks everyone - that's a real help - I reckon anything's got to be better than the weather we're having in the UK right now, anyway! Can't wait to see Dalyan - it looks great on the web - and sorry, Bill, I'm not the leather trouser-clad Suzie Q - bit too long in the tooth and short in the legs for that!

v6cod

Living in Okcular
swimming pools are too cold by then.

Ya wimp whats wrong with a pool temperature of 23c it justs means you have to take your time getting in to adjust. :D

Suzie the weather can be a bit changeable in October, but generally it is really nice.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom