remarco

Weather condition Bodrum-Kos town
I saw somewhere that also if Bodrum and Kos town are one in front of the other, the weather is hotter in Bodrum that in Kos town. In kos is more agreable that in Bodrum. Is that true? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Martyn

Re: Wheather condition Bodrum-Kos town

I saw sowhere that also if Bodrum and Kos town are one in front of the other, the whether is hotter in Bodrum that in Kos town. In kos is more agreable that in Bodrum. Is that true? Thanks

No idea :confused:

akbukowl

Re: Wheather condition Bodrum-Kos town

I saw somewhere that also if Bodrum and Kos town are one in front of the other, the whether is hotter in Bodrum that in Kos town. In kos is more agreable that in Bodrum. Is that true? Thanks

doubt it:laser:

Gail

Not sure if it is hotter in Bodrum than Kos but it definitely feels hotter. Bodrum is stifling in the Summer as there is no breeze at all where as Kos does get a breeze so it feels as if it is cooler.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Sounds like you'll be going to Kos then , and you've only just joined us !

sandr

New Members Stuart & Ros
I regularly check the temperature in Bodrum and occasionaly on Kos if the weather station is not reporting in Bodrum. I have to say that it appears to be slightly cooler on average in Kos, e.g today the maximum temperature in Bodrum was 34c against 30c in Kos.

chaz

My wife and best friend went to our villa in BODRUM ( Gumusluk ) late October and spent every day on the beach in glorious sunshine , whilst 8 miles over the water in Kos it rained almost every day. I would imagine the temperatures in Bodrum town would be higher than Kos, it is normally several degrees higher than other parts of the peninsular mainly due to the lack of breeze due to all of the buildings.

ChrisBobs

Kos town - where the weather is measured is on the exposed tip of the island - so gets the wind from three directions including north and northwest, the same directions as Turgutreis, Gumu┼čluk,Yalikavak and Gundogan enjoy ... in summer.
Yes Bodrum faces the south and being an ancient harbour town too, is largely sheltered from both the winter storms from the north and the N/ NW winds in summer, and the natural harbour protects the boats from the SE winds.
Bodrum is the warmest spot on the peninsula- summer and winter, but it does get the breeze like anywhere on the west coast. If you want real stifling go south to the Marmaris to Alanya coastline....in summer.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom