chrisuk

We need Help with Accommodation
We visited oludeniz early july and made a trip to Fethiye commonwealth Title eliminator boxing gym, spoke toJohn the English trainer and met some of the young boxers.

We have a young boxer called Liam Cameron who fights in a commonwealth title eliminator september 13th in Sheffield and after a long discussion we are wanting to spend 2 weeks altitude training in fethiye.We would bring 3boxers and wives so if anyobe has any cheap apartments available ftom 15th august please contact me.the hills in turkey are what we need to take liam to world honours.
we also want to help the locals in fethiye by passing on coaching tips sharing the gym with our professional boxers will give them so much confidence.

any cheap apartments in fethiye to rent please contact me we r desperate.
thanks
chris

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Good luck with that, it is High Season in August so anything for rent is not going to be cheap.
I am certainly no expert on training but two points: where will you do altitude training around Fethiye? This is the hottest part of the year with temps over 40C quite common, is it safe to train outside in that heat ( I guess you can train at night)?

Ian

Last edited:

traveller

My thoughts exactly Immac, you don't want to be running up BabaDag in 40C+ very risky. Also it is high season and not much cheap accommodation going. You could try some of the apart hotels, sorry can't name any but others may be able to.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I can´t think of any area that is high enough to be altitude training. Even the ski centre at Seki (over one hour drive) does not qualify at 1300m; Wikipedia says 2400m (8000feet) for solid two weeks. My guess is that as soon as you come back down to sea level the benefit is lost. Not my area, as I said, it is obviously very complicated:

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altitude_training]Altitude training - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Ian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom