Help needed

djbaxter

Administrator
We need feedback on current style customizations
Frankly, I find that to be true on pretty much all websites. The best you can usually hope for is that the site will be functional on a smart phone but it's rarely the best way to view it.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
It seems that when we click on like now, we get a pop up asking us to confirm that we mean to 'like'the post. This is not on

TLF Admin

Administrator
It seems that when we click on like now, we get a pop up asking us to confirm that we mean to 'like'the post. This is not on
Might have been a glitch with the adblocker, it's been disabled until we can work out how to use it without causing problems.

djbaxter

Administrator
Might have been a glitch with the adblocker, it's been disabled until we can work out how to use it without causing problems.
No I tried it with and without an adblocker enabled/disabled and with or without the adblocker alert notice addon enabled/disabled. No difference.

It may have to do with your antivirus settings or other settings in your operating system.

It may also have to do with browser settings which may have disabled javascript. Instructions for enabling javascript (which are needed for full features on many websites, including this one) for various browsers can be found here:

For those of you experiencing this problem, can you give me more details about your operating system security policies settings, antivirus program used, and browser settings?

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Is there a reason for the 2 Members online sections on the what's new page?
Both give, or seem to give, exactly the same info.

Screenshot_20210113-140708.jpg

djbaxter

Administrator
Thank you. Fixed now.

The reason you were seeing it twice was because the top one was an error - it shouldn't have been displaying there at all, just in the sidebar. And the second one is the sidebar: on smaller screen sizes, there isn't room to display the sidebar on the right side so it gets pushed down to below the rest of the content. That's why you saw Members online and latest posts side-by-side: that is actially the sidebar for that page.

Thanks for reporting this. :)

McB

You shouldn't need to do that now. If you click New posts in the navigation bar, it should show only those that are unread.

Is that better? or would you prefer it be the latest X posts, unread or not?
Yes I would prefer to see ALL POSTS... unread AND read...

ted j

How about a soft colour for the posts background instead of white

djbaxter

Administrator
How about a soft colour for the posts background instead of white
@TLF Admin what do you think? I would need to make the background color slightly darker (for quotes background) and then the current background color (a light greyish) could become the background for posts.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom