We have arrived
Well folks we have arrived in Side with all 18 bags and 2 boxes.

What a doddle going through customs, we got 6 trolleys piled all the cases on and then asked for help, waiving lira brought 2 men and 2 ladies who pushed our trolleys from the carousel and to the customs point. All the customs were interested in was a box with a sun lounger in as they obviously thought it was a TV. We pointed to the picture on the front, they picked the box up which was too light to the a TV and waived us through. Our men and ladies then pushed the trolleys to the waiting mini bus, well worth the 20 lira tip.

So the cost for our move was £512 in excess luggage plus £50 which BA made us pay in Manchester as they said a few cases were overweight, which I don't think they were as we checked the weights twice before setting off. I would certainly recommend anyone to bring their stuff over this way and not by container. If anyone wants any more info please pm me.

Sue

Andy

We have arrived
Lucky devil, wish it was me.

Now are you prepared for the hot 50c summer.:36:

Enjoy your new life in paradise Sue.:5:

We have arrived
Marmalade..ive never found any here yet
Welcome Sue ..that must be one of the cheapest relocation moves ever.
once you are settled and unpacked you have to come and find me.(Eden Bar/Restaurant Tuesday Wednesday Friday..and for those who think its for boozing..its for turkish lessons so there.....well sometimes a little drop gets drunk.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
We have arrived
Congrats on the move PB!

Shirleyann:

Got some in Migros (also seen same brand in Tansas) last week. Don't know what the brand is but it's labelled as 'Portakal Recel - Light' and instead of slivers of peel contains small chunks - Cok Lezzetli though!

We have arrived
Welcome Sue ..that must be one of the cheapest relocation moves ever.
once you are settled and unpacked you have to come and find me.(Eden Bar/Restaurant Tuesday Wednesday Friday..and for those who think its for boozing..its for turkish lessons so there.....well sometimes a little drop gets drunk.
Shirley
What time at the Eden bar?

Lesley T

We have arrived
Wow! That was a brilliant low-cost move! Well done! Happy new life to you both! Let us know how you get on!

RichnKim

We've Made It!
We have arrived
Congratulations,
We aso did the same, bought our belongings in that way.
We are sure you will also enjoy your new life here in Turkey.
Best Wishes

Richnkim

Martian106

We have arrived
Great stuff, I know Antalya is a doddle, They only seem to have fixation with boxes at customs, they checked one of ours, it contained a mozzy net, 8 mugs a pair of speakers and sheets, they looked bemused all I said was ""Ev" they seemed to understand and waved us through. The thing is that you think you will only bring stuff out for a couple of years , six years later we still are at our maximum in terms of weight, CD players, Video players, DVD players, cups, Mugs, Bathroom mats, Bacon, outdoor lanterns, pictures etc etc, all stuff that we have replaced at home has a second life in Kizilot.. . Well done you guys and ENJOY!!!!!!!

We have arrived
.:Thanks to you all for all your good wishes, much appreciated. We now only need to buy a CD and DVD player and TV to play our 500 CD's and DVD's which we brought in!!!

:blowkiss:

Sue

Top Bottom