tytots

Watering system
Moving to another house in Uzumlu with a larger garden in Sept. We are having a watering system (with a water bore) put in, haven't had one before, can anyone give me advice on this, or about getting someone in to it install the hoses for us, in the Fethiye area, would it be a lot cheaper to DIY? Will probably be asking loads of gardening questions now we have more land. Will also be keeping chickens, geese, ducks & who knows what else!!! Any tips? Thank you

gren

Watering system
I think you need a mains-run (or solar) timer to turn the water on and off (B&Q/Koştaş) and then the hosing is easily bought local hardware store.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Watering system
Will also be keeping chickens, geese, ducks & who knows what else!!! Any tips?

Yes, abandon any hope of having a decent garden if you don't keep them in their own pen !

Been there, done that, lost all our plants, spent ages cleaning sh1t off of the paths and patios ! :D

tytots

Watering system
Cheers for that boys, Gren good idea. KKOB you make me laugh, yes we have done that back in the UK as well. We have a huge vine area here we can keep the little blighters in, also pool area & other areas will be fenced in, clipping wings as required. Do you know where we can purchase young birds locally about Sept time? Will get bathing tubs, pens & sleeping quarters before we get birds.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Watering system
There are usually young chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys for sale on the car park near the mosque at the market at Karaculha on Saturdays. A couple of the shops along the main road sometimes have them during the week, but they can be expensive and aren't kept under very good conditions.

You can also get mature birds at the Friday Market.

We haven't bought any for a few years, so I can't tell you the current prices.

Bubskar

Watering system
Strike the geese - they're nasty b.........gers!! A friend of mine had some - she cared for them, fed them and then became terrified of them. They used to chase and peck her every time she went into her own garden

stevecarol

Watering system
Strike the geese - they're nasty b.........gers!! A friend of mine had some - she cared for them, fed them and then became terrified of them. They used to chase and peck her every time she went into her own garden

But wont they taste nice after you remove them from the oven.:biggrin1:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom