jcrian

Watering Garden
I have built some retaining walls so that I can flood the garden to a depth of about 10". Takes about 15 minutes to flood the garden with water coming down the mountain in irrigation channels. Then the water is diverted outside to water our shrubs outside our walls. I have put in a pipe so that I can top up the swimming pool through a filter and the cost of the water is 4 tl for 1 hr.

n52e9.jpg

154x9co.jpg

2rf9dtt.jpg

Last edited:

pldouglas

Watering Garden
Forgive me for obviously being dim, but why do you want to flood your garden? I can understand storing water for drought times, but not flooding the garden to this degree.

jcrian

Watering Garden
Forgive me for obviously being dim, but why do you want to flood your garden? I can understand storing water for drought times, but not flooding the garden to this degree.

It takes about 2 hrs for the water to soak into the ground after the sluice water is stopped. If we didn't flood the garden it would just run off and very little would actually soak into the earth.

Last edited:

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Watering Garden
omg!! i love it!!! looks so nice and carefree and i dont know!... reminds me of pakistan! lovley garden!

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Watering Garden
So what do you know about Pakistan Zuber. Enlighten us about there gardens. I myself want to create a Japenese garden in turkey as the climate lends itself to it. Ordered and clean with medatative properties.

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Watering Garden
Lovely pictures Ian,

Looks like a little waterfall, I'm sure it is something ingenious ......talking of British gardening in Turkey
How did the neighbours react to this ? It must have been of interest to then

Flowerpot, do you really want to make a Japanese garden in Turkey or are you just kidding me ?
I would love to see that, disguished as a geisha of course....

Last edited:

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Watering Garden
Yes pond will have carp and every year i can cook them. Yes a section for a japenese garden would look good easy maintanece i have enough land for it.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Watering Garden
So what do you know about Pakistan Zuber. Enlighten us about there gardens. I myself want to create a Japenese garden in turkey as the climate lends itself to it. Ordered and clean with medatative properties.
i have been a few times, and yeh, gardens aboread in hot climates all have a similar feel to them , so whats why it reminded me of that, nice tiles flooring, water pumps, flowers, etc... :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom