Water treatment purification
Hi all,
I was wondering if any one has had a purification system installed that would make drinking of water safe.
If so what system did you use and the cost of installation also annual running cost.
How do you keep a ckeck on the standard of the purification.
My Villa is in Yalikavak so a local installer would be appreciated that is if any one can advise of a reputal company.
If this thread is covered else where then an indication of the thread site would be appreciated.
THANKS

dalyansteve

I and my mother had a reverse osmosis system fitted in our homes in the uk, 15 years ago. My mothers is still working fine. You are supposed to replace the pre and post filters every 6 months but did it once a year and you backwash once a week. There is no need to test the water as contaminants cannot get through, if they did it would mean you have a hole or split in the membrane and the water pressure would rise dramatically letting you know there is a problem but then it would only be normal tap water getting through. I have not fitted one here yet as they have only recently become available. 15 years ago in the uk they cost £500 fitted and the filters were £25 a set and I thought that was good value for money. My mother drinks and cooks only with this water and has done since it was fitted, she is 96 years old.

maggie

Get in touch with NWclio from this forum he will be able to help you he has installed a filter in his villa.!!!

Hugs Maggie xxx

Hi Buzzmedia,
When you say you had a bore hole and then osmosis unit was this for the whole sitesi or just for your villa.

I have been surfing the net for water purifacation and come up with a company in england that maintains all bacteria can be killed by a Ultra Violet.
I was wondering if any one has come across this system and installed it.

Would like to know if there is a supplier in the Yalikavak / Bodrum area.

The system is also used reported to available for swimming pools with no chemicals being required.

Last edited:

dalyansteve

If anyone has a specific water problem, pm me, I have probably forgotten more about water treatment than normal people learn in a lifetime, in my old life I was chief engineer for a major food process company(multinational) and believe it or not, water is a major source of problems or profit in this industry.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom