Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Water Sir?
:smile: Is it just me fed up with this practise, whenever you go out for a meal before your bum has hit the seat there is a waiter there with a bottle of water, that you have not asked for, and are never asked if you want it.

I wonder how many people know that they have or have to pay for this? I now ask if it is free and when the reply comes No, then ask why have you brought it when I had’nt ordered it? Usually no reply, the lid is unscrewed and I tell them I don’t want it, for those that accept it, have you noticed how after they have poured the water you are asked if you want to order any drinks!!
:nono:

Gazarra

Water Sir?
To be honest raysalaff why would you expect it to be free ?

The water you use at your apartment or villa is most likely to also be bottled water which I presume you paid for at a supermarket.

I haven't yet found a restaurant that charge unreasonbly for bottled water but there well maybe others on this forum that have other experiences.

Gazarra

jcrian

Water Sir?
Why should they assume that you want a bottle of water?

If I want something then I order it and expect to pay for it.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Water Sir?
Things are subjective ,for example i love the hong kong chinese in bodrum for lunch, set menu 10tl a head---great value but the drinks are steepish--5tl for a very nice filter coffee, same for a pepsi--well chilled with ice in a bucket and a posh glass plus a small bottle of water. total for 2 35tl with tip
I was happy with this cos its apparent they discount the food and make up on drinks, i will return for more.

With the water, i often like the water straight way but would have no probs asking them to remove it, i tend to judge the total meal price rather than the component costs.

Water Sir?
:28:We had a couple in a few nights ago and they asked for a glass of water each while they looked at the menu, no problem and no charge, they then ordered there meal with wine and a large bottle of water, when they were served there meal with bread which they sent back as they did not order,I pointed out we dont charge for a basket of bread which they then took back,when it came to pay the bill I was called back again as they wanted to know why they were charged for a large bottle of water when they were not charged for the first two glasses of water,

So you cant win can you! This couple came from N Ireland and were staying in Gumbet which they thought was a much better place to stay, someone one told them to go to gumusluk and to call in to us (wait to I find out who that was LOL) they could not understand why we did not have football on and Gumusluk was a dump, they did not even go to the sea front as they dont like the beach,

This was there first time in turkey and there last as they can go to spain much cheaper,and they will get real grub there, oh well our loss spains gain!!

Jim.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Water Sir?
What you have to watch out for is the water bottle being opened for you because they don't want you to notice that the seal's already broken.

There are at least a couple of restaurants in our area that hand out bottles of water to tourists visiting the "Ghost Village". But, each bottle is opened immediately before being handed over to disguise the fact that the bottle's being recycled and filled with tap water.

Many of the tourists then feel obliged to visit the restaurant owned by "the nice man who gave them a bottle of water" after completing their tour of the village.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Water Sir?
:smile: Is it just me fed up with this practise, whenever you go out for a meal before your bum has hit the seat there is a waiter there with a bottle of water, that you have not asked for, and are never asked if you want it.

I wonder how many people know that they have or have to pay for this? I now ask if it is free and when the reply comes No, then ask why have you brought it when I had’nt ordered it? Usually no reply, the lid is unscrewed and I tell them I don’t want it, for those that accept it, have you noticed how after they have poured the water you are asked if you want to order any drinks!!
:nono:

Not our policy at all - we always bring out free freshly baked bread from our oven though

D

Deleted member 13863

Water Sir?
I was charged a fortune one night for bread, that I didn't order every time someone ate a slice out of the basket they took it away and refilled it and charged us for the full basket again. Going to Mogul next time when Im really hungry and want a slice of beautiful fresh bread.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Water Sir?
Be precise with what you order and don,t pay for what you didn,t order. If is offered as free then make sure it doesn,t turn up on the bill. Turks wouldn,t put up with it so why should you. Dedes and Morguls are certainly the places to trust in our opinion.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Water Sir?
Not our policy at all - we always bring out free freshly baked bread from our oven though

Whenever we come to Morguls Sue, your staff ALWAYS ask what we would like to drink before they bring anything, we'll sometimes have water, but they never assume that.

Tess

Water Sir?
OMG Ken, Please please do not think everyone from NI are the same, We're not - promise you LOL!!!!!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Water Sir?
Hi Ken, that is always my worry when I recommend people to go where I've enjoyed meals, service, staff etc, but you know I only send the nice good people I meet. Lol.

Tess, we've lots of Irish owners on our sitesi and everyone of them I've met so far are good people. Nah they were just a one off lot and from how they behaved for Gunulcelen, good riddance eh Ken.

Lesley

Water Sir?
Well Tess, I dont think people from nor iron are all like that,as we were both born and bred there, lived there untill two and a half years ago, they could have been from any were just miserable sods LOL, They even asked for a lift back to gumbet but thats another story!...Jim.

Tess

Water Sir?
Let them walk I say Jim, lovely to know you are from good ole Norn Iron!!!!!! We're not bad oul spuds from these parts LOL!!!!
Isn't it true, though you could travel the world over and there is always some miserable sod that no matter what you do or say you could not for the life of you please them.
I always react to someone who is treating me miserably by "hmmm dear me, are you having a bad day ??, shall I come back when you are in better form ?? that usually is enough to turn it around especially if you show them you are not for reacting and say it with a smile on your face, but in beneath your cool facade you would love to clock them one LOL!!!!

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Water Sir?
I was charged a fortune one night for bread, that I didn't order every time someone ate a slice out of the basket they took it away and refilled it and charged us for the full basket again. Going to Mogul next time when Im really hungry and want a slice of beautiful fresh bread.

where was that, sounds like somewhere to avoid

martin

D

Deleted member 13863

Water Sir?
Martin

I think it is closed now but just incase I would rater not name it. Its just wise to say stop or is the bread complimentary?

Jolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom