Trott

water problems
Can anyone tell me why we are considering paying any extra to sort out the water problems as it seems that Ufuk should make things right for everyone why should the people who have already purchased be faced with yet another extra cost what about the empty apartments when they are purchased are they then going to be asked to contribute and the money then go to the builder because we will have already paid the cost.

I for one am getting fed up with being told that any extra cost is needed to be met by us and the builder taking no reponsiblity for the mistakes in the first place surely anyone with commen sense would know that the water tank was in the incorrect place to service the top apartments, and dont see why suddenly we have a problem with blockages if it was put in right in the first place instead of trying to cut corners and saving money this would not have happened.

I wonder if it is worth asking a lawyer about this before we all pay out more money.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
water problems
lt sounds like the builder doesn't want to own up to his responsibilities.He is pulling a fast one.l have seen this so many times in complexes and sitesi's
Ask Cresent homes for advice on this,they provide a legal service which is good value for money.
Do not pay anything until you are satisfied with the results

lakegl

water problems
there are quite a few of us now who have views on this matter and some of us have had replies to our contact from utku on the subject.
some of us have discussed it via pm and agree that it is difficult to talk on an open forum.
whoever is going over in september, would you like to pm me with your dates. maybe there will be enough of us there at the same time to discuss and make personal representation.
If not maybe we can find a way of discussing on a 'private' forum
Tell me what you think
Glenda

Trott

water problems
Hi Glenda

We will not be there in sept but are going over on 3rd oct if this is any good to people who will still be there. if not will prob miss most people, but would like to know how things are going and what is decided when you do all meet in sept. GOOD LUCK.

Jane

lakegl

water problems
ok Jane. Sorry to miss you. will see how many of us will be there and then maybe we can discuss on a private forum when we get back
unless anyone else has other views?
glenda

ralph

water problems
Hi All

Those of us concerned and in solidarity and not going in early Sept should email Glenda or someone else as having nominated to collectively put forward the case from our point of view. The email will serve as the supporting approval of the initiative. That's appropriate I think.

Jon & Mia

water problems
Jane

we are there at the end of Sept so will still be on site when you arrive.

Utku has phoned me today regarding payments and has included on the invoice:
£215 for the water filtration (which we have never agreed to pay)
£420 for military clearence (Which we have already paid to our solicitor
£400 for the water and electric meters (when at point of sale we were only told about electric meters )

in addition our solicitor has invoiced me £400 plus tax for water and electric.

Our solicitor also offered me snagging for £300 then charged me £300 plus tax plus £150 for petrol !!!!! (In dispute)

The £300 we were quoted for a will turned out to cost £1100 once the notary and translator fees were added (plus the tax plus the fact that there was 2 of us which required 2 wills - unlike in England where you can do a joint will)

It seems the turkish way is to grab the custom with a low price then constantly come up with additional costs that were never mentioned (sounds like RyanAir)

We need a way to all discuss this - either face to face in a meeting (we arranged one before in the Midlands and had about 25 people present) or in a private chat room.

People keep talking about legal advice but we need to actuallu get some - and share it privately. I have already spoken to my solicitor about it but don't want to put the reply in open forum. Has anyone else yet done the same/

If we were to consider paying for this water filtration system I would want a legally binding written agreement telling us exactly what we would be getting for our money. Eg a guaranteed minimum pressure at all times, drinkable quality water etc. not just a verbal "everything will be fine" I have been caught too many times now

Jon

juco

water problems
£215 for the water filtration (which we have never agreed to pay)

Times 192 apartments = £42,000. Aye right! I would want to know a breakdown for that!

Military clearance, Yes, but did your solicitor pay it too them? If not you have to get from the solicitor or pay again. This is how they play it, take you round in circles til you get fed up and then you just pay again, and then they will find something else.

£1100 for a will when you don`t even need one as the UK one stands, A Turkish one might make things easier but not entirely necessary. (and please I dont want a yes you do no you don`t discussion on wills)

I really do hope you all get this sorted but I don`t think you are finished yet they will find even more ways to get money from you. I have to say though that there have been a few members trying to warn you of many of the pitfalls in the early days but much of it until lately has been ignored.

water problems
We are out in September from the 3rd for ten day's. Hope to meet some of you then. Dont trust the solicitors we are still trying to trace the missing 1200 euros from our second payment.

Regards

Ian and Alison

Akbuk Rob

water problems
maybe we can discuss on a private forum when we get back
unless anyone else has other views?
glenda

Maybe I can help with this.

I have no involvement with the Hillside complex nor with the Ufuk company. I will not involve myself in your situations nor attempt to offer any advice or opinions, but I do have the facilities to produce a closed password protected forum type little website with private instant messaging etc. nothing like this forum but private.

I am aware this forum has an IM facility but from what little I have seen of it posters comments seem to published, not good for private chat.

As your complex is Akbuk related I would offer this for free.

If you guys & gals are interested contact me and we can discuss how best to run such a facility. I would prefer it if you don't use the PM facility on this forum for this matter, it is easier for me if you email me direct from the "Contact Us" page of my website and it will help me if you put "Private Forum" in the subject field.

Jon & Mia

water problems
Hi Rob

Thank you very much for the offer. I do not wish to offend you in any way and I am sure you are genuine. However if we set up a private forum it really needs to be set up by us so that we have complete control over access.
While I am sure your offer is genuine and made for all the right reasons, we do not know you and therefore have no way of knowing if the matters discussed on the forum would get back to Ufuk.
As I say - this is not meant to offend and I apologise if you feel it is ungrateful.
Regards
Jon

Madwife

water problems
I've already been in correspondence with 'Akbuk Rob' on other matters and have no problem with his involvement. Whilst I understand any reservations folk have, I believe his offer is quite genuine and could be a great asset for us. Obviously will go with the flow so too speak as I think our solidarity is the most important thing here. See you (some at least) in September

Bill & June

Dreaming of Akbuk
water problems
I've already been in correspondence with 'Akbuk Rob' on other matters and have no problem with his involvement. Whilst I understand any reservations folk have, I believe his offer is quite genuine and could be a great asset for us. Obviously will go with the flow so too speak as I think our solidarity is the most important thing here. See you (some at least) in September
Hi Madwife,
Akbuk Rob runs a very good site and I think we should seriously consider his offer.
Bill & June.

water problems
I am in total 100% agreement with Bill & June.

I have had previous discussions with Rob & his wife Marie via their website on a site related matter.

Rob went beyond the call of duty in carrying our some research for me on the subject matter and when provided, his information was found to be totally genuine, fully factual and correct.

He and Marie have no links with any organisation including the UFUK's or their associates and operate their website on a totally independent basis. In view of this, I would recommend the residents consider usage of the service being offered.

Akbuk Rob

water problems
Hi Folks.

Thanks for the kind words Jon, Madwife, Bill & June and Brokenbrains, but actually Jon does have a valid point.

The following info is relevant to anyone looking for or prepared to offer a private on-line communications system.

It is always better for the person or group to set it up themselves, then there can be no one else to blame if things go wrong. Trust is a two sided thing in this, for example if I or someone else allowed others to use a private on-line facility on my or their account, the people using it should naturally be concerned if the owner of the site was eavesdropping or pulling the plug, conversely the registered owner should be concerned that his/her account is not being used for illicit or illegal purposes because at the end of the day it’s the registered owner who carries the can.

I know there are members of TLF who have greater IT skills than myself, but here are 3 of my thoughts on setting up private (I use this term loosely because nothing is 100% private on the internet) communications.

A free blog - Google and others offer such things, I have one myself, they are relatively easy to set-up and use, they can be set-up for only pre-approved members of a group to have access.
Pro’s - Free, easy, fast to set up, should be private if correct options selected.
Con’s - You just better hope that Google’s bot or other search engines don’t crawl the page, even though in theory they should not if you have selected the correct option, or your private discussions could be displayed as result No 1 of 20 million or so.

Free Webspace - Most customers of ISP’s are allocated a fair amount of web space as part of their package.
Pro’s - Free.
Con’s - Advanced knowledge of web publishing required, 3rd party tools & software most likely needed.

Paid-for (Ad Free) Website - Hundreds of companies offer products, usually with a free trial so if it turns out not to be suitable nothing is lost except time.
Pro’s - A good product should have all the tools needed to produce password protected pages, IM features and much more, including extensive help files and customer support.
Con’s - It costs money, it will take a while to get used the program & tools.

The last option would be my recommendation to a group looking for legitimate privacy. In the case of Hillsiders here, I have read some of you intend to meet up in Akbuk next month, why not chat about it then and if I can offer any advice or be of assistance, just ask around for Akbuk Rob, most people know me here in Akbuk.

lakegl

water problems
Thanks so much Rob. That is a really good idea. We will chat it over in September and see how we get on with personal representation, then get back to you.
Regards
Glenda

Frank & Pat

water problems
Hi Jon & Mia
1st time commenting on this forum. Just got back from snagging visit - purchasing Apollon C1. Like yourselves we have many concerns. Can we arrange a group meeting in UK? Give pm us for our phone number.
kind regards
Frank & Pat

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom