nanamo

Water heating
Can anyone tell me if they think its reasonable that a new house in Turkey should come with some form of water heating included. I ask this because our builder says 'its extra'. Molly

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Water heating
Hi Molly I think you will find that this is mostly the case, we bought new 2 years ago and had to install solar panels, water storage tanks etc, it seems bizarre doesn't it that you buy a new house but have no means to even flush the loo!!!
I would never but new again, by the time you have sorted your water system out and maybe put in mossie nets and security metal work you can add another 5,000 TL to the asking price at least!

stevecarol

Water heating
I would have thought that if your buying new you should expect a hot water system to be included in the price, we had a water boiler and solar included in our price and did not have to ask for it.
Mind you who knows what some builders will try on.

juco

Water heating
I suspect that it will now be `an extra` if you had asked at the time of contract and got it included you would probably got that and a lot more without additional cost.

Don`t be surpised if you find other things start appearing as extras.

If you do have to pay get a quote from him and then shop around as you will more than likely get it a lot cheaper.

val2661

Water heating
I had to pay for my solar water heater as an extra with my build. I paid a total of 1280 TL for it to the builder.

Val

nanamo

Water heating
Thanks guys for your replies. We didnt think to ask about a water heating system we just naturally assumed it would be included... wrong ... I can now hear my teacher from all those years ago...... 'One should never assume'. :smartass:

bev timms

bev timms
Water heating
we have just recently taken over our villa and we had no form of heating for a good few days till we could get something sorted. we fought it but were told it was a dreaded 'extra' along with rails around the house and numerous other items that we were certain were on the original pics.

I'd like to say we live and learn, but they always seem to come up with something when you think you've covered everything. its cost us in the region of 5-6000TL on top. :drum:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom