Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Watching the World Cup
We have customers who are coming out in June and want to watch the world cup at their villa. They have an old satellite dish in the garden and asked if it could be set up for this purpose. According to the TV man here it can't. He says they need to set up a package on the internet, but the cost of a year's subs will be 650TL, which seems a lot.

What other options are there? I am a complete numpty when it comes to TV and watching anything that isn't on either the Digituk or DSmart channels. I keep reading about android boxes but I have no idea if this would be a solution and, if it is, would they need to bring a box from the UK and would it be easy to set up?

They don't have internet yet but will sign up this year for the 75GB Yalın package from TTNet which they need, so they can continue working while they are here.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

alva5763

Bodrum buddy
Watching the World Cup
I think if you sign with TTnet you may have a minimum 2 year contract. If you want less try Airnet. Sure others have more info.

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Watching the World Cup
I think if you sign with TTnet you may have a minimum 2 year contract. If you want less try Airnet. Sure others have more info.

Thanks. A two year contract for the internet is not a problem as we will be able to close it down during the winter months anyway. We do that already for other customers.

It is a way to watch the world cup that I am looking into.

stevecarol

Watching the World Cup
If they have internet then they will be able to watch all the games through FilmOn as ITV and BBC are showing all the games live

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Watching the World Cup
If they have internet then they will be able to watch all the games through FilmOn as ITV and BBC are showing all the games live

Do you know what sort of cost and how long a contract they would need to sign up for?

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Watching the World Cup
you can get a 5 month contract with ttnet.

Martin

Sorry, I seem to have confused people. It is not the internet contract that is a problem, it is watching the world cup that they want, unless you are saying they can do this via TTnet. I thought they were just internet providers. Do they do TV as well?

Ruth

gally

Watching the World Cup
Sorry, I seem to have confused people. It is not the internet contract that is a problem, it is watching the world cup that they want, unless you are saying they can do this via TTnet. I thought they were just internet providers. Do they do TV as well?

Ruth

You watch TV on your computer or laptop (via the internet) Just connect the laptop to your TV to watch a bigger screen or get an android box and connect to the TV

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Watching the World Cup
You watch TV on your computer or laptop (via the internet) Just connect the laptop to your TV to watch a bigger screen or get an android box and connect to the TV

I am sorry I started this, but I did say I was a numpty re TV and appear to have confused everyone, including myself! These customers have a dish, which they can't use, so I assume they will need to use some kind of internet service (which is why I put that they will have a connection.)

My assumption now is that they need to find a provider that will show the world cup TV, via the internet? My question is, how do the do this and how much is it likely to cost them? Do they need an extra bit of kit (such as an android box) to do this?

Stevecarol has kindly pointed me in the direction of Filmon. Is this a service where they can simply watch it on the lap-top, or pehaps link it to the TV via cables? Bearing in mind they may not need it after the footie, how short a contract can they subscribe to?

Thanks for any and all replies :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom