Camden

Watch The Lira Now

Turkey Plays Waiting Game on Interest Rates as Inflation Rages

Turkey is poised to stick with an unconventional monetary policy that’s left it with the world’s most negative interest rates when adjusted for inflation.

Even with consumer prices now running at a 24-year high, economists surveyed by Bloomberg are unanimous that the central bank will leave its benchmark at 14% for an eighth month at a meeting on Thursday.

But increasingly, analysts at banks like SEB AB and Barclays Plc see a risk that borrowing costs may need to rise within months.

Interesting article in link

Camden

Watch The Lira Now
Ideology before Economics

Turkey Delivers Shock Rate Cut Despite Inflation; Lira Plunges Central bank lowers its benchmark after a seven-month pause Economists expected no change, but Erdogan promised rate cuts

Mushroom

Watch The Lira Now
Foreign currency is gaining ground on the Lira because Mr E has done his magic again.
Gold prices will rise as gold is a safe haven when a nations currency is bombing and the economy is going down the pan.

Kanga

Watch The Lira Now
1 GBP = 21.7317 TRY
Aug 18, 2022, 13:50 UTC

1 EUR = 18.3267 TRY
Aug 18, 2022, 13:53 UTC

1 USD = 18.0995 TRY
Aug 18, 2022, 13:53 UTC

Camden

Watch The Lira Now
Foreign currency is gaining ground on the Lira because Mr E has done his magic again.
Gold prices will rise as gold is a safe haven when a nations currency is bombing and the economy is going down the pan.

Gold as a safe haven ... another if your family has a swiss bank account:) ala Prez

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Watch The Lira Now
Gold as a safe haven ... another if your family has a swiss bank account:) ala Prez

Never fancied gold as an investment - too volatile and too big a margin between buying and selling but if the pundits are correct and it hits $1400 I'll be kicking myself!

And forget about Swiss Bank accounts, been there, done that.
Years ago I has a Swiss client for whom I did a small favour. They opened an account in my name and deposited the princely sum of SwFr 200.
A couple of years later I was advised that the account was overdrawn - WTH!!
Swiss accounts garner no interest and there is a monthly charge for using their services
Never again.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Watch The Lira Now
Hmmm.:unsure: Signs of kissy kissy with Assad, Saudi Arabia, bestest buddies, normal diplo relations with Israel and a NATO member who is pals with Putin.
Anyone think Turkey may have been around with the hat for funds to defend the T Lira :rolleyes:

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Watch The Lira Now
Turkey to rebuild Ukraine infrastructure. There is talk of a ceasefire to day on TV Erdogan was there with the Ukraine president and NATO I think, I hope no-one is getting sold down the river. Do you know anything about it Jaycey? Didn't catch the full thing only the captions at the bottom of the screen.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Watch The Lira Now
So much for all the commotion about a drop in interest rates everything will be as it started in the morning

Latest Posts

Top Bottom