IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Watch The Lira Now

Rua

Watch The Lira Now
There are many Turkish online sites eg Modacruz, Dolap and Gardrobes that sell second hand clothing along with new.Great bargains to be had.I got a great Aquascutum coat last year for 60TL.As the euro and dollar have increased so have the prices of Hermes and Chanel bags.I keep telling my husband a Chanel bag is a good investment but he doesn't believe me.

Rua

Watch The Lira Now
He's currently sporting a silver crown courtesy of our daughter so he may get away with it😅

Camden

Watch The Lira Now
With the young in Istanbul second hand clothes ( vintage) are the fashion ...with many second hand clothes store opening beside new artisan coffee shops and vegetarian restaurants in Rasimpasa in Kadikoy ....

Or like this on in Galata
1642340467524.jpeg
CLICK TO VIEW ..... STANPOLİS VİNTAGE GALATA
stanpolisvintage | Shopier

Beşiktaş/Bags

They also have recycle clothes shoes etc containers on street corners military families charity or for Syrian refugees .

ekran-resmi-2019-05-28-10-Z2xo.png

Last edited:

enoch

Watch The Lira Now
Are people actually buying at this price, or is that simply what people are asking? Many Turks buy a car and immediately advertise it at a higher price just on the off chance that they find a buyer and can make a few quid.
Our neighbours apartment has just sold it was 3x1 it was on for 590000 3 weeks later it went for 800000. Some are saying she let it go to cheap.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Watch The Lira Now
Our neighbours apartment has just sold it was 3x1 it was on for 590000 3 weeks later it went for 800000. Some are saying she let it go to cheap.
So typical of people in Turkey. No matter what you do they could always do better. 'You can easily tell a Turk, but you can't tell him much'. Having said that I would not choose to live anywhere else.

Camden

Watch The Lira Now
There is a possible new big shock coming to many of the emerging countries, that need like Turkey to hold their debt repayments in dollars due to a weak currency like the Turkish Lira

CEO of JPMorgan predicts a total of 7 interest rate hikes by the US federal bank , some experts think that interest rates should be increased at higher rates than expected.

The SHOCK coming with the US Central bank Fed officials are expected to increase interest rates in the first quarter of 2022, it is estimated that this rate hike will seriously affect the global economy, especially emerging economies.

A possible interest rate hike by the Fed will deeply affect world markets , especially emerging markets . It is thought that the Fed's rate hike may lead to an increase in the value of the dollar and a slowdown in growth.

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Watch The Lira Now
I think it was originally said about a Yorkshireman
A good example is the leader of the stonework team that built our gazebo ( see post in photos corner thread). When asked on day 2 of the build how he was getting on, he replied that he did not know, as he did not know what he was building. This is after he was given a plan with various aspects and precise measurements. After it was finished he had the cheek to say that it was good but the walls should have been longer. this said about something he had never experienced, nor did he know how we were going to use it.
He then drove his wife 50km each way to show her, and repeated the length of walls comment again.
Every Turk that visits us tells us that we should get some hens. our dogs have dispetched everything that lands on our land in the past!

Mushroom

Watch The Lira Now
So typical of people in Turkey. No matter what you do they could always do better. 'You can easily tell a Turk, but you can't tell him much'. Having said that I would not choose to live anywhere else.
Would anywhere else want you? 😃
Sorry, but you wouldn't be accepted in Yorkshire. The Turks aren't fussy - they put up with me for over 10 years.

mamish

Dolphin dreamer
Watch The Lira Now
There is a strange attitude to second hand here in Turkey. Even here in the village most people do not want second hand clothes. Some of ours are almost new, but we cannot give them away.
It may be a "village" attitude, not necessarily the same in the cities. We live in a village and often find piles of perfectly good clothes dumped by the river. I usually pick out what is wearable, wash them, box them up and send them to charity.

Hilsjw

Watch The Lira Now
As for Turks not wanting second hand clothes etc. In Akbuk the animal welfare people held a weekly sale in a local bar. They had trouble keeping he Turkish women out ages before opening time. When there, the women were like bees to a honey pot and not always paying for their armfuls of clothes either !!!

Watch The Lira Now

Lawmakers respond to AKP legislative proposal: 'We might as well close the parliament and leave'​

Opposition lawmakers have responded harshly to the ruling coalition’s legislative proposal, which puts an end to inflation calculation until 2023, does away with taxes on currency-protected TL accounts, and gives unlimited power to the President to issue TOKİ tenders.​

Opposition lawmakers are condemning a new legislative package that gives the ruling coalition sweeping powers, including the ability to price Housing Development Administration (TOKİ) tenders freely and puts an end to inflation calculation and taxes on currency-protected Turkish Lira deposit accounts.

The right of the Presidency to determine pricing on TOKİ tenders and a proposal to restructure pricing for private contractors working in the public sector - many of whom are allies of the Justice and Development Party (AKP) - given the currency crisis drew particular ire from opposition lawmakers.

Republican People’s Party (CHP) Group Deputy Chairman Engin Altay objected to the package and called for a parliamentary roll call, closing parliament effectively until Jan. 18.

The contract and pricing restructure would issue the amount of “price difference” incurred on contracts made before December 1, 2021, due to the rise in the currency. This would apply to 26,789 contracts, many of which are held by AKP allies. According to the proposed legislation, the government would pay an additional 10.5 billion Turkish Liras to these contractors in total.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom