enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Watch The Lira Now
What - the men earn 250 a day? 1250 a week for 5 days? 65000 pounds per year. Certainly not the wages up in Scotland lol. And the EU workers don't want to come to UK lol.
I agree you have no chance North West Cumbria. They would just laugh at you.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Watch The Lira Now
I agree you have no chance North West Cumbria. They would just laugh at you.
Different worlds, thank god, try buying a house in London on Cumbrian or Scottish wages, trades on £65 k will struggle down there

Mushroom

Watch The Lira Now
Different worlds, thank god, try buying a house in London on Cumbrian or Scottish wages, trades on £65 k will struggle down there
It won't bother me. I know that if we move anywhere when the boss finally calls it a day, she won't be moving anywhere other than sideways or North. She fancies Northumberland or a remote place in Scotland.
I have said I can text her and have video chats on a regular basis from my new residence in Gulluk. Never say Never?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Watch The Lira Now
When I was young and my dad was teaching me the value of money he would pull me up on a Saturday morning "how many pints did you have last night", 5 or 6 I would reply "how many hours did you have to work to buy them ?" I knew what he was getting at however at 13 and only having a paper round it was water off a ducks back.

Last edited:

Mushroom

Watch The Lira Now
When I was young and my dad was teaching me the value of money he would pull me up on a Saturday morning "how many pints did you have last night", 5 or 6 I would reply "how many hours did you have to work to buy them ?" I knew what he was getting at however at 13 and only having a paper round it was water off a ducks back.
13? Late starter in life? Paper round was after the 5am milk round at 11 you softy.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Watch The Lira Now
At 14 I was working 45 hours a week . In the morning before I started work I delivered newspapers and when I got home at night I delivered the evening news paper,

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Watch The Lira Now
Ah, but you live in that Capital of rip offs called London.
That's the place where beer is about £6 a pint instead of the £3 here.
He has already hired a mini digger at £250 for a weekend and put the soil into 3 x skips at a cost of £150 a time.
All much cheaper than down in the 'smoke'.
The quote was for bricks, cement and labour only.
The bricks are cheaper up here.
The labour was the rip off.
We bought 300 bricks here yesterday , 3TL each i.e. 6 to a £

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Watch The Lira Now
Cannot see this increase not getting passed on to the consumer soon.

Extract:
Turkey’s Petroleum Pipeline Corporation (Botaş) said on Dec. 3 that it had raised natural gas prices for industrial use and for electricity production by 20 percent.

Natural gas prices for households were unchanged at 1,488 Turkish Liras ($108.4) per 1,000 cubic meters.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Watch The Lira Now
The new dollar rate has put up to 50000 tl on the cheaper new cars like. Hyundai in the last ten days.

Chasey

Watch The Lira Now
What - the men earn 250 a day? 1250 a week for 5 days? 65000 pounds per year. Certainly not the wages up in Scotland lol. And the EU workers don't want to come to UK lol.

Yes that's correct, but these men are self employed or zero hour contract and wont be working 52 weeks of the year, so more like 50K for a skilled bricklayer or plasterer

Note

This is exactly the same as we paid our Polish crews

Latest Posts

Top Bottom