Helenm150

Watch The Lira Now
"On Feb. 10, Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan criticized Basci’s work, saying that if the central bank’s head can’t cope with his duties, he will be held accountable."

TCJ

Watch The Lira Now
I can't find any mainstream newspaper running this story. I suppose Azerbaijan Trend might have it right but I am holding it in "Rumour" category for now. With TRY down by less than 0.2% against USD it doesn't look like money markets have swallowed the story (yet).

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Watch The Lira Now
I´m shocked! Are you trying to tell me that things on the Internet may not be true?

Ian

TCJ

Watch The Lira Now
The story that Basci could be prosecuted seems more plausible than this one on the same day:

The Turkish lira will begin to "pick up the pace," showing a stronger performance in the short term, a report by investment bank JPMorgan said yesterday. "Political pressure on the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey to cut rates seems to be easing," the report said.

This seems to be based on what Basci's pal Babacan said (see Post #8). Babacan is not standing again in June. Perhaps Basci can last till then.

Turkish lira expected to pick up the pace: JPMorgan - Daily Sabah

Last edited:

kemerkid

________
Watch The Lira Now
Your excerpt from the 'Daily Sabah' doesn't seem to be working TCJ......... I wonder why? You don't suppose it's a little onerous do you?

bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
Watch The Lira Now
The Sabah would show the upside as a mouthpiece for the ruling party and the CEO is Erdogan's son in law .:slapme:

observer

Watch The Lira Now
£1.00 (GBP)= 3.7865
€1.00 (EUR)= 2.7831 HSBC 2.8280
$1.00 (USD)= 2.5363 HSBC 2,5880
Are these rates from coinmill.com live?, as there is a big difference with the live rates on the HSBC Bank A.Þ. even by HSBC standards!

Last edited:
Watch The Lira Now
Coinmill has been frozen for a few days = certainly on my laptop!
Certainly when it was stuck at 3.78 yesterday I got 3.86 from my local jeweller.
As of a few minutes ago the rate was 3.87 with coinmill still frozen.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom