Peregrine

watch out for prowlers
well well well, whos been sniffing my bottom recently? (and yours probably)

some interesting features on her including the User CP (Control Panel)

Have a look at yours - click on the "Your Profile" line and you can see your messages, and in the right hand corner who has come sniffing round. So whose been checking you out on the sly?

Well, to get abit of privacy back click on the "Profile Privacy" line and adjust a few settings. I just changed mine so that only my friends can read the messages and only my friends can see who my friends are

I know its a bit late because you know who has already had a little prowl, but at least is stops any further nosing round

ttfn

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
watch out for prowlers
I think it is funny that people join up to a public forum and then crave secrecy. The ability to look for more detail about an individual is not "bottom sniffing" but natural curiosity to see details that people have posted about themselves for all to see.

Ian

teresa

Free Thinker
watch out for prowlers
I agree and sometimes have looked at a profile for no other reason than I think the person may have posted on a topic I am now tring to find again.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
watch out for prowlers
I often look on profiles before I reply to a post as I like to use a person's real name. I would rather not post 'Hi Bottomsniffer' but 'Hi Fred' for example. Nothing sinister in that surely, just trying to be polite. :peace:

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
watch out for prowlers
I dont care who looks at ours..............we got nothing to hide!! If I do have anthing to hide or thats private I dont put it on here for everyone to see and wonder about. eeeeeee who would want to sniff pauls bottom, not even me!!! But Peregrine your bottom must be so interesting if everyone is sniffing it.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
watch out for prowlers
I don't think Perry means general curiosity. I think it was one person in particular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeannie

kelchocolate

Just Watch Me
watch out for prowlers
I look at people's profiles to reply to a message/reply to post,or maybe say a person who say lives in the same area as we do, or share interests e.g sailing .Don't see the big deal.
Who cares!

Last edited:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
watch out for prowlers
Nothing to hide from me either - I dont divulge anything on a forum that I dont want people to know !

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
watch out for prowlers
Am curious now I may stick a peg on me nose..............and sniff around........er no wont bother as I have another life as well!!!

Bubskar

watch out for prowlers
Hey Peregrine - out of curiosity I did exactly what you suggested - looked at my profile and saw that I have had in total 51 visits and it was showing the last 10 with names - 9 of which I have no knowledge of.

I don't honestly feel I have prowlers - quite the opposite. Maybe my threads or comments are that interesting (not) that people are just curious to see detail. I myself have done just that when I have been interested in what people have had to say. Quite innocent really. I'm not unduly bothered about it enough to put up barriers

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
watch out for prowlers
I agree with all the above, who cares ? Anyway I thought that was what is is there for. For people to see. !!!!!!!

watch out for prowlers
Cant be assed with usernames!!
My name is Terry or Raymond ,I am a Celt and my wife is Sue.
Thats what I was born with and sobeit!
All this username business smacks of MSN and this forum is more personal than that.
I cant see why its spooky for a stranger to call me Terry.
Thats my name!
If people are worried about personal information use the privacy settings or post very little info on it. I am careful what I leave for viewing but wont let identity theft worries stop me from using my birth christian names.
I am exactly the opposite in that I dont like calling somebody Crashtester or whatever.

zozatky

watch out for prowlers
Mine must be worth sniffing Iv had 87 visits in my short life here!!!!! But there again Who cares.

Tess

watch out for prowlers
I've sniffed in your profile Perry!!!! Just checking you out. I'm a bit of a Sherlock Holmes in my spare time. Not much on there P, you really are the elusive pimpernel LOL!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom