spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
Watch ITV from Turkey
Here's how you can watch ITV 1,2,3+4 from Turkey, or any other country outside the UK :biggrin1: You don't even need a proxy server...

ITV Player Problems? Catch Up without Silverlight • Caught Up Firefox Add-on for PC, Mac & Linux

Instructions;
1) Download firefox if you dont already have it.
2) Download caught up plugin [whilst using firefox browser] from here:
Code:
http://chris.orr.me.uk/caughtup/xpi/caughtup-latest.xpi

3) Install the plugin and restart firefox.
4) Go to ITV and look for a program you want to watch and load its page or channel.
5) It will say NO you are not in UK. Dont worry
6) At the bottom of firefox, you have a small TV which you must click.
7) A new page will open and either you will get a download, which you open with media player or the program will auto play in your browser.

Happy viewing :D

Allan

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Watch ITV from Turkey
I can't get past stage 5. It says only available to UK. Tried the workaround but no difference.
Ian

spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
Watch ITV from Turkey
I'm assured that it does work because lots of people are watching it in the states..

Allan

carolk

R.I.P
Watch ITV from Turkey
Everytime I get to a programme it says 'we are having technical difficulties'.

Last edited:
Watch ITV from Turkey
Wow, this is great, thanks.
I can watch some ITV programmes but not others though, it seems. (Wanted to watch Gossip Girl but that doesn't come up in the list when I click on the little television in the browser. Maybe because it has its own page and isn't playing through ITV Player. Drat!)
Now, if anyone knew how to do the same for Sky, I would be deliriously happy!!!

Watch ITV from Turkey
Everytime I get to a programme it says 'we are having technical difficulties'.
Yes, did that for me as well. I just ignored it and it seemed to work (for some programmes!).
Seems that if you can get the name of the episode as a link with the little TV on the browser, it will work. If you can't, it hasn't found the programme.

Watch ITV from Turkey
Londongirl, I cant even find the little tv on the link!!
Hi,
I just put the link Spitfire gave us into a browser window (web address) and clicked and then downloaded it. After you've downloaded the plug in there should be a little TV that sits on your browser.
So... you're in firefox, look to the bottom right-hand corner of the screen (just above the clock, sound, start/run bar etc.... at the bottom) - do you see a little TV there, on the far right-hand side? (looks a little like a PC or TV!) It's there no matter what page you're on as it's now part of firefox, so don't look for it on the ITV page itself.
Worked for me exactly as Spitfire said.
If you don't see it your download may not have worked - I'd suggest trying it again. It should tell you to close and reopen firefox after (or it'll do it for you) and it should then be there!

carolk

R.I.P
Watch ITV from Turkey
I have downloaded firefox twice now and no little screen aarrgghhh!

Thank you Londongirl, have done it yet again and installed live toolbar all to no avail, am giving up!!

Last edited:

REDDERS

Watch ITV from Turkey
i've got firefox in my programs list but when i click onto it,it says acess denied,contact server as your paid subscription has expired.i did load it a while ago when trying to get tv catchup......any advice please?

thanks, martin...

spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
Watch ITV from Turkey
i've got firefox in my programs list but when i click onto it,it says acess denied,contact server as your paid subscription has expired.i did load it a while ago when trying to get tv catchup......any advice please?

thanks, martin...

Open another tab and then copy and paste the code in the address bar
Code:
http://chris.orr.me.uk/caughtup/xpi/caughtup-latest.xpi

Allan

pldouglas

Watch ITV from Turkey
Everyone is suddenly speaking a new and very foreign language to me! I think it is what you were bought up with e.g. my parents believed that TV ruined a childs imagination and wouldn't have one in the house, okay this was the 50's/60's, and we spent our evenings involved with artwork of various kinds. But the habit holds and in all the years I lived alone during my 20's and 30's I never had a TV and didn't particually want one. Now if its books you're talking about......

Watch ITV from Turkey
pld,

I was 11 (1960's) before we had a TV, my grandparents had one before us!
The thing that I can never understand is the way some people have the TV on all day and don't even switch it off when they have visitors. We have no TV in Turkey yet and have only missed it once or twice in the two months that I have been here!

Watch ITV from Turkey
Have to say, I love my TV! But definitely need books as well...
Am reading a book at a rate of one every two days or so now - I read fast! But in real danger of running out... Agggghhhhhhhhhh!

Martyn

Watch ITV from Turkey
Have to say, I love my TV! But definitely need books as well...
Am reading a book at a rate of one every two days or so now - I read fast! But in real danger of running out... Agggghhhhhhhhhh!
Get yourself an Ipod and maybe get books for that? audiobooks can be subscribed to and there is a vast library on there.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom