matty

Wasps Be Carefull!
Please do be careful when pruning any shrubs around your garden!..Last night we took a friend to hospital because she had been stung several times by disturbing a wasps nest that was hidden inside a hibiscus edge.. Her body went into shock causing swelling of the mouth and tongue which lead to breathing problems!..she was in a very bad state when we arrived, we took her to Dalaman hospital were they checked her blood pressure then put her on a drip for an hour and half... we then took her home.

Take care Ann

Last edited:

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Wasps Be Carefull!
It probably won't be anygood against a swarm of wasps but, I heard recently, that carrying a bag of cloves about your person deters wasps. Can anyone confirm this?

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Wasps Be Carefull!
Who would want to cart around a bag of garlic all day.
I think you will find that is to protect you from vampires lurking in the bushes while you are mowing the lawn, not wasps. Perhaps a bag of allspice will cover all the options.
Ian

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Wasps Be Carefull!
The best methods to deter unwanted guests is to understand the foe before you take the appropriate action.l believe if you think nature then nature will work for you,so forget about all these man made repellents and look closely at what nature has,which is all free and does work for what you want to achieve.
L personally love the wasp and will never harm them ,since they are a gardeners best friend in fighting a war against the pests that destroys the plants.
The wasp is a very territorial insect and will not tolerate any other nesting wasps in the near vicinity.lt only takes one look from the wasp, to see if there is another nest and they will flee elsewhere,they just can’t be bothered with the hassle from a neighbour from hell.
This is why l will mention on how to make your own wasp nest for the sole purpose of deterrent only.lf you want to deter the troublesome insects that will burden your day to day life while having a social outdoors meal with your acquaintances.This should keep the wasps away,without any of the efforts of flapping your arms,shouting out.”Way Hay” all the time
Here is what to do
1/Get yourself loads of newspaper and make a tight bundle out of it,about the size of a football will do,so it will be noticeable.Make sure the bundle is almost the same and color of a real wasp nest,by making sure the grey newspaper shows more on the exterior

2/Tape the bundle together with grey duck tape,if you can get it

3/Use a coat hanger to hang it,by taping the base of the coat hanger,or you can tie it
4/Hang the bundle up where the wasps are and within a few days you will find the wasps will have moved on.
L read this in one of my gardening books years back,because of the wasp nest l had in my shed l wanted to get rid of,but not to harm them.The next few days they were gone,but they left a half finished wasp nest behind

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Wasps Be Carefull!
So, if you carry this home made nest around while gardening you will not get stung. Is that what you are advising?

Ian

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Wasps Be Carefull!
Generally speaking, l would not recommend manmade pesticides when nature has the deterents there.l never heard of clove deterring the wasp before.

lmmac,that is entirely up to you if you want to walk around with a made up wasp nest around your neck,imitating a wasps mobile home .What ever turns you on,,l prefer to hang it up somewhere close,so l am less restricted

Wasps Be Carefull!
man made wasp nest!!! sounds good but i think my lot are related, to date i have seven wasp nests . one in each corner of a window, one on the down pipe, and two in the bbq. am i lucky or what?

Wasps Be Carefull!
man made wasp nest!!! sounds good but i think my lot are related, to date i have seven wasp nests . one in each corner of a window, one on the down pipe, and two in the bbq. am i lucky or what?

2 in the bbq - you'll be able to invite guests for dinner then!!

Sue

GnD

Wasps Be Carefull!
Cheers for the warning Ann, I'm sure some readers appreciate the warning regardless of the humourous add ons!

It was great putting your face to the name at Palladium! Good luck with all those pets!!

Debbie

matty

Wasps Be Carefull!
Cheers for the warning Ann, I'm sure some readers appreciate the warning regardless of the humourous add ons!

It was great putting your face to the name at Palladium! Good luck with all those pets!!

Debbie

Hi Debbie,
Also nice meeting you and your family! Hope you had a safe jouney? I am still looking for homes for the 7 beautiful kittens that are getting cheekier by the day!!

Regards Ann

Latest Posts

Top Bottom