Guz1

Washing Machine
Thinking of buying a new washing machine this year (provided the tapu change doesn't leave us skint). Would prefer a Zanussi if they are available/affordable in Turkey but wouldn't turn up our noses to a Beko or most other brands except any brands linked with Indesit.

Can anyone tell me, please, how much we can expect to pay? Have heard that a lower tax rate means cheaper electric appliances until the end of June. Is that true or just wishful thinking on my part?

dalyansteve

Washing Machine
Zanussi, Indesit and Hotpoint are all the same now, crap. However if you buy Beko or Arcelik ' the same thing', for only 60 lira you can buy an extra 5 year warrenty and the service is fantastic, it may cost a little more but the peace of mind is worth it.

steve & sue

Washing Machine
Hi Maria. I have seen indesit washing machines with 600 800 & 1000 spin from around 450TL in Kipa, we were looking recently & they are a lot cheaper than Beko & Arcelik.

carolk

R.I.P
Washing Machine
Hi Maria, there are lots of sales on at the moment for electrical goods, all tied in nice red ribbons! I hope you find what you are looking for. I bought from Arcelik too, it is a very good service.

Last edited:

Guz1

Washing Machine
Thanks Steve. I didn't know that Zanussi were linked to Indesit, so that's Zanussi off my list. I know someone who is very happy with the Beko she bought here and Arcelik have a great reputation so will stick to Beko or Arcelik with the 5 year warranty.

I'll have a look at a few websites to get an idea of prices. Has anyone heard the rumour that lower taxes makes white goods cheaper until the end of June?

Gosh, so many replies while I was typing this post. You guys are fantastic. Thank you so very much.
(Steve & Sue: following a nightmare experience a relative had here with a new Indesit cooker I wouldn't touch their products if they paid me. The grill wouldn't switch off and she was lucky it didn't set her house on fire).

Last edited:

steve & sue

Washing Machine
Yes Maria VAT is down to 8% until end of June on Electrical goods but it has been noticed than some stores upped their prices before this came in, so your not actually gaining anything.

Last edited:

Guz1

Washing Machine
Yes Maria VAT is down to 8% until end of June on Eletrical goods but it has been noticed than some stores upped their prices before this came in, so your not actually gaining anything.

Why am I not surprised to hear that? Better clear the balance on the plastic card before travelling.

Washing Machine
All our main electricals are Arcelik, been very happy these last 5 years.You don't need a high spin on the washing machine here as you do in the uk as you can always dry the washing.

Washing Machine
Zanussi, Indesit and Hotpoint are all the same now, crap. However if you buy Beko or Arcelik ' the same thing', for only 60 lira you can buy an extra 5 year warrenty and the service is fantastic, it may cost a little more but the peace of mind is worth it.

I do not think Steve meant that they were all made by the same Manufacturer, I think he actually meant that they were just CRAP

If I am wrong I stand corrected

Sandy

Mag

Washing Machine
You do pay for what you get, and I would highly recommed Arcelik..Good English website and plenty of choice...I'm looking to buy an electric cooker and am not even going to bother looking anywhere else other than Arcelik. Their warranties and aftersales service are both excellent.

Washing Machine
Hi all Zanussi is a part of the Electrolux group and hotpoint are owned by Indesit. try and see if you can get a german Bosch Machine not one that is made in spain. these are not bad build quality.

Dave

Guz1

Washing Machine
Thanks again for all your replies.

Sanyhelen: You're right - I misread Steve's reply.

Think I'll stick with Arcelik or Beko because they have a good reputation for aftersales service in Turkey. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that we aren't fleeced by the Tapu office.

steve & sue

Washing Machine
Maria you will get it cheaper from Beko or Arcelik if you pay in cash, they dont like credit cards. LOL

JohnF

Washing Machine
Think I'll stick with Arcelik or Beko because they have a good reputation for aftersales service in Turkey. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that we aren't fleeced by the Tapu office.
As far as I'm aware, most Beko & Arcelik machines are now made in China as opposed to being manufactured domestically. As a result, the quality has improved drastically from those from a few years ago. I suspect the reason the aftersales service has improved ( it used to be terrible) is down to the engineers being a lot less busy than they used to be :)

JF

Guz1

Washing Machine
Thanks Steve & Sue. I have a sinking feeling that by the time we're finished paying the tapu charges we'll be hard set to buy the detergent, never mind a washing machine, but I live in hope. I'm practicing my "have pity on me" expression.

dalyansteve

Washing Machine
Just to add a point , if you live in a big city it probably would not matter much which appliance you buy as the service would be as good or better than europe, however, I have found that if you live in a small place, you make friends with your local Arcelik/Beko dealer, their service people are all well trained and you can get the instructions in english. The extra warrenty brings the total to 7 years and sometimes it is offered free. Also their products seem to be designed to put up with the normal, in Turkey, power outages, variable voltage and spikes.

Washing Machine
We had to buy a washing machine recently..................after a lot of shopping around the current prices vary from 500-800 lira,dependent on which machine you want.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Washing Machine
It's well worth thinking about getting a machine with a 9 or 10 kilo capacity. Then you can do your own quilts, heavy bedlinen and curtains etc. We bought a Bosch from the agent in Fethiye.

Just make sure though that the machine will go through the doors and into any space you've set aside for it.

Another thing worth doing is to put the soap powder directly into the drum with the washing. This saves the dispenser getting clogged if your water pressure is a bit low.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom