Status
Not open for further replies.
was A Nightmare,.. now Be-careful in Turkey
My daughter has just arrived for her first vist to our apartment and even though I gave a detailed map of where to go with appropriate landmarks and photographs, the transfer driver droped her in the wrong place took the money and just left her. Frantic phone calls at 3 am and over an hour later I managed to talk her to the apartment which is right by a large school so I do not understand where the driver went wrong. When she finally arrived at the apartment there was no water or electricity.

Last month I paid the agent the connection fee of £150 per utillity but It would appear that they have not been connected. What do I have to do do to get her electricity and water. The apartment has not been used so there can not be an outstanding bill which would have caused disconnection. I will phone the agent first thing, but from experience I am not expecting much help as they have had all of the money so there will be little in it for them. If there is any kind soul in Altinkum that can offer advice I would be most grateful.

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
Re: HELP now!!??what a nigtmare, anyone in Altinkum?

Hi Steve,
Sorry to hear about your daughters problems but it would seem that we have two different situations here. The first being that your daughter (and I do not know how old she is, but I am assuming late teens early twenties) made a trip to your villa which she had never been to before and was not familar with the area.We should in retrospect be thanking our lucky stars that nothing worse happened to her. Unfortunately this kind of behaviour is common all over the world especially if the perpretator suspects a Victim.If you used a reputable firm for the transfer then you should definately be able to complain about this guys behaviour. A touch of bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted maybe, but if you make it perfectly clear that you will make their name mud where the English customers are concerned( I imagine they rely on the Brits custom) then you should at the very least get an apology.

On the other point there are honest agents out there but it would seem from recent posts that we have a lot of dishonest ones.I will not go into this as this point has already been covered in other threads, but do not trust anyone here, regardless of how friendly,helpful or willing they may appear. They are not your friend and as I think Immac has already said they are there to take your money the same as the check out girl in Gima.Rely on no-one except yourself to ensure that the money you are paying out for services i.e connection etc is being done and the only way to do this is to actually be there in person. I know how difficult this is but far better to cover yourself and do everything within your power when dealing with cash transactions, than to loose your life savings (as some people have) and regret ever having attempted to buy in Turkiye.

mkc

tonytg

Wishing on a star

Sensible advice from da MTC (better watch out chuck, you'll be getting a good name at this rate! :lol: :lol: )

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

OH gawd Tony, we cannot have that!!!!
I shall now have to consider doing something to Blot my Copy Book :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh well I am off to Hisaronu to have some fun and games, not to mention a decent meal at discount price in my fav restaurant. Hey, I nearly forgot some of my fans have sent over some Milky Ways in appreciation.Someone loves me!

mkc

tonytg

Wishing on a star

madturkishcow said:
OH gawd Tony, we cannot have that!!!!
Hey, I nearly forgot some of my fans have sent over some Milky Ways in appreciation.Someone loves me!

mkc

Absolutely - we can't and don't want everybody to be boringly sensible (not me either !!!)

If I could send you an internet milky way I would :pressie: see !!

lewismark

Just a member

madturkishcow said:
do not trust anyone here, regardless of how friendly,helpful or willing they may appear. They are not your friend and as I think Immac has already said they are there to take your money the same as the check out girl in Gima.Rely on no-one
mkc

Being a near victim myself and having met numerous Europeans with horror stories of the corruption and scams in full swing......
This is the most powerful and truthful statement i have read on this forum!!!

Guz1

Welcome back Mark & Karen.

Hi Jen (MTC)
We agree with everything you say about" nobody being your friend" in Turkey but things usually reach a stage where you become friendly with somebody!
If you take your comment to its logical conclusion you are saying that having only corresponded by message, we should not trust you or accept you as a new friend of ours.The same applies to Lorraine,Pennie,Gail,etc etc all of whom have been very kind to us on this forum.
You cannot account for who you like and "Click with" and we can happily say that some we have met or will meet will become our friends. Unless people are devious in the extreme you get a feeling about them even at first meeting and we stand by our comments to Immac last month regarding agents etc.
People obviously have bad experiences and we appreciate that but no way will it change our ability or desire to count some people in Turkey as our new friends!
There are two sides to everything and we are looking forward to meeting YOU in September unless you and Immac decide we cannot be trusted.

rafiki

Andy

Good to see you back Mark and Karen :)

lewismark

Just a member

Thanks Rafiki
We have alot more experiences to share since last time we were here and im sure we'll slip them into the appropriate posts in time.

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

Hi Tel n Sooo :lol:
You have misunderstood my original post which was not about making friends or meeting likeminded members of the forum. You have said that you can usually tell after meeting someone whenever they are devious or have ulterior motives which as a generally rule is correct. However we are not talking about the human race in general or body language. We are talking about a person hell bent on extracting you from your money without providing the services you have paid for or a Con man. The point I was trying to put across was that steve had handed his agent a sum of around £300 to have his services connected and this had not been done. I am simply pointing out that the Agent, whilst you may very well be on his wave length (I am pretty certain he is on yours!) has by this time become someone who you would class as a personal friend has acheived exactly what he wished. Where money is concerned (your money) your guard has slipped because you are no longer dealing with the provider of a service i.e in this case the Agent or the Gima check out girl, but a personal friend. We are all aware of how blurred the lines get when the status quo changes from Agent to friend.
They may very well be a friend but first and foremost they are there to part you from your money and believe me they will know and use whatever methods are possible. As a couple who had a good experiance with your Agent and I think became good friends, ask yourselves if you had changed your minds or put some obsticle in the path of your purchase would they still have wined and dined you? The answer I think would have been a firm NO simply because they would not waste their time money and effort on something that was going nowhere. Yes, it would be nice to think that they may have entertained you as good friends but I am very doubtfull.
I personally, with all my years of experiance have been caught a few times losing small amounts but the fact is they were all to people I classed as 'Friends' and one had even been living with me for three months or so and you cannot get much closer than that. It is not for me to tell you who you should or should not trust or who to accept and who to reject but where money is concerned trust no-one except yourselves.It is a hard lesson to learn but one that was taught to me by a Turk and has proved invaluable.
P.S I have bookmarked September to meet you both and boy am I going to make your hair curl! :lol:
mkc

tonytg

Wishing on a star

YOU ARE AT IT AGAIN ! I am going to have to refer to you as STC (sensible turkish cow) if this keeps up - Whats the big idea !!!!! :kafa: :lol:

extract from post by terry and susan cocks

"Hi Jen (MTC)
We agree with everything you say about" nobody being your friend" in Turkey but things usually reach a stage where you become friendly with somebody!
If you take your comment to its logical conclusion you are saying that having only corresponded by message, we should not trust you or accept you as a new friend of ours.The same applies to Lorraine,Pennie,Gail,etc etc all of whom have been very kind to us on this forum."

This not what Jen was saying if you look at post No 20 you will see what Jen means. It has got to be naive to think you can trust someone through clicking and it can be a dangerous line of thought, were you never told as a child not to talk to strangers or indeed have you not told your children the same. whats the difference doing it online in fact it can be far more risky doing it online. People surf the net and especially forums to look for vunerable targets and the way of thinking you follow allows such people to thrive. Always be on your guard and give your trust only when you are 200% sure.
:27:

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE

Oooh Tony I am only just coming to life (2 more cuppas and I shall be with it) and read that as STD :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok, I shall make a bargain with you no more sensible posts for the next two days... I cannot promise because I do have occassions to act my age and not my shoe size but I think I am due for a C-Nile period............or as my wonderful offspring are at times heard to mutter 'God mother when are you going to grow up?'
I shall now get into the mode by putting my 'sensational seventies' Cd on full blast just to see if Gary Glitter belting out 'My gang,my gang' will affect the muezzin(or rather his horrible feed back) call to the faithfull. :kafa:

mkc

tonytg

Wishing on a star

Playing Gary Glitter ooooo, thats sooo un pc now !! Good old Mtc !!!!

madturkishcow

LİVİNG İN PARADİSE
Re: was A Nightmare in Altinkum now Be-careful in Turkey

Hahaaaa Tony the only PC i know stands for 'Personal Computer'. Any other type is not in my volcabulary........I am well known for being 'Odd',not following the crowd,controversial and having radical ideas. The biggest insult would to call me 'normal' :kafa: As far as I am concerned,you either love me or hate me. If it is the later, then I do not give a monkeys. It is your problem not mine. :)

mkc

Carolyn

I agree with Jen. Unfortunately it is when people who you class as close friends cheat, steal, sponge off you or owe you money that it hurts the most. This is by no means a practice restricted to Turkiye. Unfortunately the English come close to the top of MY list.

No doubt some of you will have seen Rogue Trader type programmes where cowboy builders and tradesmen con the elderly and vulnerable out of money they can ill afford to spend on unneccessary and shoddy workmanship.

There was also a programme a few weeks ago about a reporter working undercover for various estate agents. The horror stories that came out of that programme were enough to make your hair curl, that is if you hadn't already torn it out in desperation.

VWBug

I am a Turk

lewismark said:
Being a near victim myself and having met numerous Europeans with horror stories of the corruption and scams in full swing......
This is the most powerful and truthful statement i have read on this forum!!!

Once again my friend...If you are a victim and telling your buyers all these bad things about Turkiye why do you call your business DREAM HOMES? The name contradicts what you say in your statements. I also checked your website and didn’t notice any horror stories like you said on the other thread that you tell all your clients before they purchase your dream homes.
I can see on this forum a few people like you who make their money from Turkiye. They only care about their business and don’t worry about the country's reputation. If you are really an honest agent then may be you should call your company “horror homes” or “nightmare homes”.
I understand why people bring up problems here and discuss them because this is an open forum and it is usually of help to the other members but I think you over exaggerate the problems in Turkiye. Can you tell me if your country is all problem free? Why do you call your company “Dream homes” in Turkiye? Maybe Turkiye is a dream country but you don't want to admit it here. Isn’t this name a false statement to your clients? Come on and get real please.

tonytg

Wishing on a star

madturkishcow said:
Hahaaaa Tony the only PC i know stands for 'Personal Computer'. Any other type is not in my volcabulary........I am well known for being 'Odd',not following the crowd,controversial and having radical ideas. The biggest insult would to call me 'normal' :kafa: As far as I am concerned,you either love me or hate me. If it is the later, then I do not give a monkeys. It is your problem not mine. :)

mkc

I think you know I am the former !!!! :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom