Status
Not open for further replies.

McDHibs

Warning - Scam E-Mails
A very serious E-Mail came into my hands in the Bank today about 8 people received it. It is a very convincing fishing E-Mail looking for peoples bank details, a lot of work has gone into making all the various bank log on pages look exactly the same as the real ones. It pretends to be telling you of a Tax Rebate that is owed to you then asks for your bank details so they can pay the money directly into your account

There are subtle differences though as the scammers are asking for your memorable information up front and this is normally found on the second part of the sign on. All the links work and actually take you to the real pages for the bank etc but the log on pages are fake.

Check out the pictures in my photo gallery called Scam Email

The first e-mail arrives with the address

but the links take you to a site with the name lavineria on it
my antivirus software picked it up as a dangerous site but yours may not.

Take heed this will catch a lot of people out.

Mike

Last edited:
Warning - Scam E-Mails
I agree it looks v official.
However most banking scam mails originate from abroad and almost all contain some spelling or grammatical errors - eg on Page 1 a word is missing on one line and at the bottom there is an improperly placed question mark - dead giveaways.
The simple answer is NEVER reply in anyway to what may appear to be bank e mails, dont even open them! -they will always contact you by a more secure method should they need to.

Last edited:

McDHibs

Warning - Scam E-Mails
Sorry Crashtester must have missed your thread and sorry everyone for doubling up on a subject already covered.

Mike

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Warning - Scam E-Mails
I'll close this thread to avoid further confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom