Mushroom

Wanted: Good news
My young lady just got us a mention on the Sara Cox show on Radio 2, she manages it wherever we are in world.
She is grinning from ear to ear, whilst mine are burning.
Just love Sara Cox and can't stand Zoe ball but the best of the lot is Simon Mayo on greatest hits. There is an app.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
FV9ljGnWQAAlHPe.jpg

Dozens of Russian troops have been injured near the Ukrainian city of Zaporizhzhia after a booby trap of grenades was set off - by a goat.

According to Ukraine's chief intelligence directorate, the incident took place in the village of Kinski Rozdory in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.

The agency claimed Kremlin troops had installed pinned grenades around a local hospital in the village as a "circular defence."

But these were set off when an escaped goat from a nearby farm wandered towards the area and triggered a tripwire set up by the soldiers.

At least 40 soldiers were injured in the explosion, but the fate of the goat is not yet known.

Mushroom

For those of you of a certain age or based somewhere with a time difference that wasn't suitable and had gone to bed, if you missed the legend Paul McCartney at Glastonbury last night, you missed one hellava performance.
An 80 year old genius who was on stage continuously for almost 3 hours with a magnificent band, two legends of rock guests and a crowd of about 200,000 absolutely captivated by the headline act.
This bloke was brilliant and it is so far the only time I have ever wished I was living under a tent for a few days since I was in my teens, instead of watching the gig sat at home.
The best I could do was turn the telly up and make do without the 'real' atmosphere.
When it finished just short of 1.30am this morning (on TV - 1 hour behind), I went to bed and got up this morning at 8am, still re-running that performance in my mind.
If that is how to be at 80, no meat eaten but fond of a spliff, there is the example to us all !!

Last edited:

Saoirse

All things on this Good News thread are of course relative

All day yesterday I had terrible cramp pain in my tummy

Went to loo around 3am and let fly a fart so loud n lasting it almost set of car alarms outside

Tummy immediately after felt great

enoch

All things on this Good News thread are of course relative

All day yesterday I had terrible cramp pain in my tummy

Went to loo around 3am and let fly a fart so loud n lasting it almost set of car alarms outside

Tummy immediately after felt great
Some of us do that all day everyday with no relief, think yourselfself lucky

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Good news for him......

Chile: Man, who got paid 286 times his salary, resigns and disappears​

Extract:
A man in Chile was accidentally paid 286 times his salary in May. The man received around Rs 1.42 crore or 165,398,851 Chilean pesos. When the incident came to light, the man acknowledged the fault on the part of his organisation and agreed to return the amount that was paid to him in excess. However, he resigned and took off with all the money.

According to reports, the man worked at Consorcio Industrial de Alimentos or Cial, which also happens to be one of the largest producers of cold cuts in Chile. The company was supposed to pay the employee a total sum of Rs 43,000 or 500,000 pesos (£441), which was his monthly salary but accidentally ended up paying him 165,398,851 pesos (£146,000).

Mushroom

Tomorrow I am intending to win the EUROMILLIONS £186 million lottery jackpot.
I have purchased my online ticket tonight in advance and I have already notified my friends that providing I am the only winner, I will be buying them a round of drinks. However, if I have to share it with someone else I might have to retract my generous Yorkshire offer.
One of them told me he pays by direct debit.
I said that is a big mistake - What if you hit the big one and forget to cancel the debit? It could cost a tenner a week!

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Children make toys with recycled items.

Mushroom

Today, the boss led a team pitched against 3 others on their mandatory CPR and resuscitation refresher training day.
The day is filmed, recorded for legal reasons and has a de-briefing with the examiners at the end of it.
A male manniken is used.
Her team came top and during the de-briefing the examiners complemented the boss on her compression ratios being very consistent for the CPR but said she did not have to say "I'm keeping this bastard alive. He owes me money !"
At least it was an improvement on last year when her demonstration of resuscitation ignored the mannequins mouth as she moved to its nether regions !!
In conclusion, she asked if there was a party at the end of the course.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom