Mushroom

Wanted: Good news
38 years ago today we were married at Stockport Cathedral, St. Georges Church, the good news is I have survived thus far.
I'm two days ahead of you but 2 years behind. May 10th. Liverpool played and beat Everton in the FA cup final. 50% of the guests at the reception were scousers on the boss' side of the family, all reds.

Luton to Antalya.
Good news
All went super smooth. No queues now that check in online is back to normal.
No masks in airport, but had to be worn on flight or you'd be denied boarding!
No masks at Antalya.
Not much food available in flight. Don't know if that applies to all easyjet flights.
724 transfer on time and a good driver.
Phew! Now I can start to relax.
Very warm in Alanya sitting on balcony taking it all in.
Yes lack of food applies to all easyjet flights.

When/if you make the return journey stock up on supplies before you leave for the airport. We stopped at Akat Ankara simit on the D400 & grabbed a small takeaway Turkish breakfast and a tahini pastry before our flight home & enjoyed it with a cup of tea on the ground floor/lower level of the airport before our flight home last time.
The time before that, I took a homemade halloumi salad with me.

I too use 724 when I travel on my own, as I don't hire a car then. They are so cheap and very reliable

Enjoy the sunshine

Mushroom

Today, I have once again entered the prize draw on Omaze. For those who aren't acquainted, you buy so many entries to the prize draw, which is a very expensive house, but earlier entries also include other goodies like cars and cash prizes. A good percentage of the funds received go to a different charity every month. Last month the house was in the Cotswolds, so I wasn't too bothered about that cos David Cameron lives in the area, but the charity was RSPCA. This month the house is in Cornwall, which would be fine now that Gordon Ramsay has been selling up. The charity is Blood Cancer UK and as a mate of mine and a mate's wife have it, it makes it another worthy cause.
In the event that I do what I've never done before and actually win the star prize, I will be giving it to the kids on condition that I can use it for holidays.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Ukrainian band wins Eurovision song contest as war rages back home

"Ukrainian band Kalush Orchestra has won Eurovision in Turin, Italy, while war rages at home — a home that now earns the right to host the world’s longest-running televised music contest in 2023.

After judges from the 40 participating countries voted, Ukraine was in fourth place behind the United Kingdom, Sweden and Spain. The audience voting in those countries, though, decided that Kalush Orchestra would be victorious with a total of 631 points. The fan vote left the United Kingdom in second place and Sweden in third...

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
What is the point of a 'contest' if the result is a political expression? Why not simply call it an evening of support for Ukraine?

Political support for Ukraine, possibly - it’s also possible that the public vote preferred the Ukraine entry. In either case it is worthy of congratulation.

The sun is shining, the sky is blue so please don’t rain on our parade, 2nd position is not to be sniffed at.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
What is the point of a 'contest' if the result is a political expression? Why not simply call it an evening of support for Ukraine?

This was Piers Morgan thought on it...... He seems to agree with you.

The world’s most absurd, pointless, politically-motivated ‘contest’ excels itself. Ukraine could have sent one of its heroic bomb-sniffing dogs to bark the national anthem and still won. Happy for them, but please let’s stop calling #Eurovision a contest… it’s a rigged farce.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
This was Piers Morgan thought on it...... He seems to agree with you.

The world’s most absurd, pointless, politically-motivated ‘contest’ excels itself. Ukraine could have sent one of its heroic bomb-sniffing dogs to bark the national anthem and still won. Happy for them, but please let’s stop calling #Eurovision a contest… it’s a rigged farce.
We won you didn't - get over it! :):):)

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Yesterday I got to make some steps to attach to a screening fence so Neville and Nora can do what cats do such as climb up things, today Neville tried it out, he now realises he can peep over and maybe see Hamish and Leo our neighbours cats, he was very happy.
Nevs Stairs.jpg

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Yesterday I got to make some steps to attach to a screening fence so Neville and Nora can do what cats do such as climb up things, today Neville tried it out, he now realises he can peep over and maybe see Hamish and Leo our neighbours cats, he was very happy.
View attachment 28121
Nothing to do with the neighbour's 18 year old daughter sunbathing in the buff then Martin?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom