Camden

Wanted: Good news

The figure skating national team athlete İklim Şentunalı has undertaken a breathtaking performance on the frozen Lake Çıldır in the eastern province of Ardahan -- the second largest lake in eastern Turkey after Lake Van.

Şentunalı's performance on the ice-covered lake attracted great attention on social media.

Lake Çıldır offers tourists scenic views in winter. Fishing enthusiasts can mimic Eskimos, getting their catch for the day with a hole dug in the frozen lake. Others can stroll around or ride on sleighs.

In summer, the lake attracts visitors with its natural beauty and bird species.

Camden

You may have heard of "Tiger Mums " who engage in extreme supportive and positive parenting, to get their children the next step up ..... how about a "Tiger Village " the Village of Kolca in Turkey population of only 350 ...has reared 120 children that have went on to become Doctors ... well done ...

Mushroom

After my ma's Alzheimer's diagnosis just before Christmas, January has been spent sorting out applications for Power of Attorney for my daughter's to be in charge of health and financial issues for her, I successfully applied for Attendance allowance for her at the top rate of £90 per week and I am now submitting an application to the council for a reduction in council tax.
When all is finalised, the kids will look after her bank and medical matters and she should be about £400 per month better off.
I am now in the process of explaining that the extra dosh is to be spent on making things easier for her and my terminally ill step dad and not to be stuffed into a biscuit tin for a rainy day.

Mushroom

Today the boss went off to work in what is her last month before taking her pension. She is returning in March after a 2 week imposed 'gardening leave' on a reduced number of shifts and one of her rewards is that as car parking charges return in April for staff, she will pay a lower monthly amount to park as she will be 'part time'.
She has been asked to manage the clinics that used to be her old job just for a few days this month in addition to her usual work, which is an apt way of ending this month.
It doesn't seem like coming up to 40 years since she started her 3 years training as a Nurse at the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham as an 18 year old fresh from completing her 'A' levels.
My old ma couldn't understand why she opted to train in a place so far from home and I never bothered to correct her absence of geography by explaining that I commuted the 70 miles from Ferrybridge to Nottingham as it wasn't actually on the south side of London.
I reckon that she will do another couple of years part time before finishing altogether as the prospect of being with me 24/7 is too much for now !!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Today the boss went off to work in what is her last month before taking her pension. She is returning in March after a 2 week imposed 'gardening leave' on a reduced number of shifts and one of her rewards is that as car parking charges return in April for staff, she will pay a lower monthly amount to park as she will be 'part time'.
She has been asked to manage the clinics that used to be her old job just for a few days this month in addition to her usual work, which is an apt way of ending this month.
It doesn't seem like coming up to 40 years since she started her 3 years training as a Nurse at the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham as an 18 year old fresh from completing her 'A' levels.
My old ma couldn't understand why she opted to train in a place so far from home and I never bothered to correct her absence of geography by explaining that I commuted the 70 miles from Ferrybridge to Nottingham as it wasn't actually on the south side of London.
I reckon that she will do another couple of years part time before finishing altogether as the prospect of being with me 24/7 is too much for now !!
All the best to the Boss ! There must be something in the water/wine/tax planning as my teenage bride has today informed her boss that she will be retiring from the business at the end of July.
She will be 1 month short of entering her 44th year of continuous working in Financial Services, however with all the shit, with both family and life itself she realises life doesn't last forever. lots of trips and adventures ahead, old friends to catch up with and the all important making of new memories.
She is sat here with a glass of pink fizz I quote her "Bring it on" ! life just got a whole lot more interesting !!

Mushroom

All the best to the Boss ! There must be something in the water/wine/tax planning as my teenage bride has today informed her boss that she will be retiring from the business at the end of July.
She will be 1 month short of entering her 44th year of continuous working in Financial Services, however with all the shit, with both family and life itself she realises life doesn't last forever. lots of trips and adventures ahead, old friends to catch up with and the all important making of new memories.
She is sat here with a glass of pink fizz I quote her "Bring it on" ! life just got a whole lot more interesting !!
Please wish her all the best from us.
Even if you aren't a Ricky Gervais fan, I would suggest that the final episode of AFTERLIFE is a thought provoker and well worth a watch to get a reality check.

429nufc

Is where was happened relevant to the decision? I bet £100 that if I did it in my suburban street to someone blocking my drive I wouldn't get away with it
The car driver seemed to be a thoughtless tosser and the farmer a throwback. As a keen country walker in my youth I decided that the best place for many farmers to live was miles away from other people

Latest Posts

Top Bottom