Jaycey

African Refugee
Wanted: Good news
Weekday.jpg

London to decriminalise cannabis

Sadiq Khan is set to decriminalise drugs in London as part of a plan to end the prosecution of young people caught with cannabis. The mayor of London will allow under-25s caught with Class B drugs to be offered “speeding course-style classes or counselling instead of arrest”, The Telegraph said. The scheme would mean police officers would be told not to arrest young people caught in possession of drugs including cannabis, ketamine or speed.

Saoirse

Keeping to the spirit of the thread title after a particularly gluttonous Xmas with too much food especially Xmas cake and mince pies I have been somewhat " blocked up" for past number of days

Therefore my good news to add to the thread is at around 4am this morning all hell let loose and I passed a " tracy island"

Feeling much better now

Jaycey

African Refugee
Keeping to the spirit of the thread title after a particularly gluttonous Xmas with too much food especially Xmas cake and mince pies I have been somewhat " blocked up" for past number of days

Therefore my good news to add to the thread is at around 4am this morning all hell let loose and I passed a " tracy island"

Feeling much better now
Being full of it doesn't usually keep you away! ... behindsofa.gif

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month

Feeling much better now
Having been on synthetic opiate pain killers and their side effects since mid November I truly sympathise with you, I have drunk more glasses of laxido than wine or beers and had more Senna tabs than Christmas cake this holiday period and blaming the cats is no longer an option, however today is the last day I take 2 of these devilish tablets reducing to 1 a day for seven days tomorrow, then bingo ! I'm really looking forward to the heavens opening, and no longer playing hovercrafts.
Believe me it wont be good news it will be the best news !

Mushroom

I've just been reading where the energy prices are surging and the North-South Divide is still alive and well.
The North is getting the higher prices compared to the South. Not much levelling up going on.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
View attachment 25550

London to decriminalise cannabis

Sadiq Khan is set to decriminalise drugs in London as part of a plan to end the prosecution of young people caught with cannabis. The mayor of London will allow under-25s caught with Class B drugs to be offered “speeding course-style classes or counselling instead of arrest”, The Telegraph said. The scheme would mean police officers would be told not to arrest young people caught in possession of drugs including cannabis, ketamine or speed.
According to some acquaintances possession around these parts of a small qty for personal use results in a street caution and confiscation .
Steve

Camden

1800.jpg

😊Rare sooty shearwater spotted in southern Turkiye​

3 birdwatchers spot endangered bird, also known as Ardenna grisea, in Hatay​

The bird, also known as Ardenna grisea, was spotted by birdwatchers Emin Yogurtcuoglu, Murat Bozdogan, and Ahu Ilbeyi off the coast of Samandag near Mileyha Wetland, a migratory bird sanctuary.

Sooty shearwaters get the name “sooty” owing to their dark plumage. The long-distance migrant birds mainly breed on small islands in the South Pacific and South Atlantic Oceans.

Yogurtcuoglu told Anadolu Agency that a total of 387 of Turkiye's 494 listed birds are spotted in Hatay.

Noting that the province is a frequent destination for birds migrating from Anatolia and Europe, the birdwatcher said: “Therefore, every wetland and every natural habitat here is of extra importance.”

He said Hatay is a place where birds migrate every season, bringing with them a diverse range of bird species.

He also underlined that the sooty shearwater is an ocean bird that was sighted for the first time in the country.

“This ocean bird rarely enters the Mediterranean in small numbers. Frankly, we have been looking for this bird in Hatay or the southern coast of Turkiye for years,” he added.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Guardian.jpg
Seeing 1,000 glorious fin whales back from near extinction is a rare glimmer of hope...

whales.gif

Good news doesn’t get any more in-your-face than this.
One thousand fin whales, one of the world’s biggest animals, were seen last week swimming in the same seas in which they were driven to near-extinction last century due to whaling.
It’s like humans never happened...

Last edited:

Mushroom

Today, the boss got her final pension figures confirmed and after a 2 week break of service in the first 2 weeks of March, she will return back in her post to work half the hours she does now.
She is looking for a ski trip with the other laddettes during her enforced break.
I am looking forward to a 50% reduction in uniform ironing!!

Mushroom

It gets better - the boss has been in discussion with the head of HR this morning and when she returns, she will work one 10 hour shift one week, then two 10 hour shifts the following week.
It means that in the first instance, she can manage to take at least a week off in-between shifts due to the rotation of days required and secondly if she uses the one day week to take annual leave, it will give her breaks of up to 10 days using a permutation of days off for potentially just the one day's annual leave or even longer if she opted to take more annual leave.
She has calculated that by using this formula throughout the year, she will have great potential to be on holiday or long breaks for the biggest part of the year. I might need to renew my passport soon.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom