Mushroom

Wanted: Good news
Today the boss went back to work and the trust wasted no time in doing a photo opportunity after last night.
She's just got in and says thanks for your kind comments, and says Bill is very welcome!!
I'm more concerned that my ironing skills are once again clearly visible.
IMG-20211124-WA0002.jpg

Camden

National Trust to end fox ‘trail’ hunting on its land​

Hunts will collapse or struggle to keep going, saboteurs predict

The National Trust, one of the UK’s largest landowners, has announced the charity will no longer issue licences for “trail” hunting on its land

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom

National Trust to end fox ‘trail’ hunting on its land​

Hunts will collapse or struggle to keep going, saboteurs predict

The National Trust, one of the UK’s largest landowners, has announced the charity will no longer issue licences for “trail” hunting on its land

Great news, absolute travesty to call it a 'sport' As the sabs used to say 'For Fox sake stop hunting'

Camden

Lynx surprise on the shore of Lake Van​

The lynx, which is under the first degree protection because it is in danger of extinction and is on the Red List of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN),

Shepherd Musa Başak, recorded the animal with his mobile phone, said that he saw a lynx for the first time in the region. Stating that he was very surprised when he saw the lynx, first noticed by shepherds dogs, Başak said, “While grazing the sheep on the mountain in İnköy, he first noticed what he thought was a cat but when I looked carefully, I realized that it was not a cat.

I tried to take a photo with my mobile phone right away. “I prevented the dogs from attacking and harming the lynx. I was astonished because I had not seen it in the region before. Then the lynx, climbed the rocks, disappeared,” he said.

video

0bb8351464.jpg

d68c2bb9ff.jpg

Jaycey

African Refugee
The Week.jpg

Printed prosthetics..

Steve Verze, an engineer who lives in Hackney, north London, has become the first person in the world to receive a prosthetic eye that was made using a 3D printer.
This technique has two advantages: it requires only a digital scan of the eye socket rather than an invasive physical mould, and the result is more lifelike than a glass eye produced by an artist.
As medical applications for 3D printing proliferate, it’s likely that even more complex body parts will follow – with working internal organs the holy grail.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Just heard Bill and I can expect our Christmas bonus of £10.00. each on Monday. I do wish they'd either stop it or increase according to inflation. Just bought 50 x 2nd class postage stamps - £33.00.
Holy Harry! I remember a stamp costing 2 1/2 pence not so long ago (well, maybe 60 years ago).

Here I can send a 1st class airmail letter with tracking from Ukraine to the UK for $1!

Last edited:

Mushroom

I have had a reality check of late and decided that it's ironic that we are having work done on our drive that will widen it easily to accommodate our three cars, when I have decided to get rid of one at the end of January.
The boss takes hers to work but when she retires in March to go back on reduced hours, hers is going to be at work or sat on the drive if she doesn't go shopping. The strange veggie journo daughter used to use hers to go to the station and park it in the station car park all day when she went to the office in Leeds. Since Covid, it goes out locally about 2-3 times a week as she works from home and that isn't likely to change.
Mine is only used locally since I retired and if I get rid of that, I will have two available some days and one on other days.
At the worst case scenario, I could always drop the boss off at work 2 miles away to go to work and pick her up as she finishes.
I realise that to my status conscious, image concerned neighbours, I will now appear to be struggling somewhat, but I don't tell them any of my business and everywhere I look in our little cul-de-sac, all I see are cars which at best go out for an hour a day for a mile or two.
Should anyone pass comment about the absence of my car after Christmas, I will tell them that I have donated it to charity and with only two cars, we are now Eco-warriers.
I have also cashed in almost all my Premium Bonds but don't as yet know what to do with the funds.
I could always buy a car?

Akasya

Postless Pointer
I have had a reality check of late and decided that it's ironic that we are having work done on our drive that will widen it easily to accommodate our three cars, when I have decided to get rid of one at the end of January.
The boss takes hers to work but when she retires in March to go back on reduced hours, hers is going to be at work or sat on the drive if she doesn't go shopping. The strange veggie journo daughter used to use hers to go to the station and park it in the station car park all day when she went to the office in Leeds. Since Covid, it goes out locally about 2-3 times a week as she works from home and that isn't likely to change.
Mine is only used locally since I retired and if I get rid of that, I will have two available some days and one on other days.
At the worst case scenario, I could always drop the boss off at work 2 miles away to go to work and pick her up as she finishes.
I realise that to my status conscious, image concerned neighbours, I will now appear to be struggling somewhat, but I don't tell them any of my business and everywhere I look in our little cul-de-sac, all I see are cars which at best go out for an hour a day for a mile or two.
Should anyone pass comment about the absence of my car after Christmas, I will tell them that I have donated it to charity and with only two cars, we are now Eco-warriers.
I have also cashed in almost all my Premium Bonds but don't as yet know what to do with the funds.
I could always buy a car?
Or a big motorcycle...?
Steve

Latest Posts

Top Bottom