Kanga

Wanted: Good news
3 million trees have been cut down on the Welsh hills to plant turbines instead. We now have soil erosion from heavy rain which has contributed to flooding down river on the R Severn. The landowners, usually already wealthy and absent landlords, are making a fortune.
It was a lot of vested interests that put a stop to the tidal power plans for Swansea Bay, because they would lose the lucrative rents from the turbines.
Bird mincers.
It's been noticed that if one of the blades is painted black the birds can avoid them, but how many power companies have bothered?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
There is a god !

BBC News - X Factor: ITV has no plans for another series of the show
Never seen one, coz, from what we have heard it is something to avoid like the plague.
Oh, just a minute, we don't avoid the plague, we queue up to go to Wembley, Old Trafford etc.
Went to the market here today, only saw one chap without a mask. There must have been 2000 people there. Still, I desperately needed good cheese and mushrooms.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Oh ! I am missing Turkey and friends in Istanbul nearly 2 years because of Covid

A nice reminder ....Cooooool

but this is a bit more realistic

Where are all the covered women in the top vid? Not a mask in sight, attractive, but in no way representative of a visit to Istanbul.
Bottom vid did not play for me, but I did get a good vid of George Best's dribbling skills!

Last edited:

Camden

Where are all the covered women in the top vid? Not a mask in sight, attractive, but in no way representative of a visit to Istanbul.
Bottom vid did not play for me, but I did get a good vid of Gerge Best's dribbling skills!

Exactly more like a fashion promo ..surprisingly picked by the AKP Minister of Tourism to represent the city..

Pity the second one didn't open as said more realistic of Istanbul life....

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Never seen one, coz, from what we have heard it is something to avoid like the plague.
Oh, just a minute, we don't avoid the plague, we queue up to go to Wembley, Old Trafford etc.
Went to the market here today, only saw one chap without a mask. There must have been 2000 people there. Still, I desperately needed good cheese and mushrooms.
Wembley ? Old Trafford ? you must have a good memory.

enoch

Bottom vid did not play for me, but I did get a good vid of George Best's dribbling skills!
The bottom one plays for me, try it again.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
The bottom one plays for me, try it again.
Thanks Enoch, this time it did work. I thought it was excellent, some good images, well edited and showed a much more realistic view of what a tourist could experience when they get here.

Kanga

good news, The President says that they are 'turning to corner' fighting the fires.

Anger boils over as Turkey has no airplanes to fight wildfires while Erdoğan has more than a dozen​

By
Turkish Minute
-
July 30, 2021

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...ildfires-while-erdogan-has-more-than-a-dozen/
https://www.turkishminute.com/2021/07/30/angerboil-over-as-turkey-has-no-airplanes-to-fight-wildfires-while-erdogan-has-more-than-a-dozen/
https://pinterest.com/pin/create/bu... his use of a 13-aircraft presidential fleet.
Extract below.

Turkey’s minister of agriculture has said the government doesn’t have proper aircraft to combat wildfires that have been ravaging the country since Wednesday, prompting outrage among the public and the opposition to compare the lack of firefighting aircraft with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s 13-airplane presidential fleet.
More than 70 wildfires have broken out this week in provinces on Turkey’s Aegean and Mediterranean coasts as well as inland areas, Erdoğan said, adding that 14 were still burning. The death toll has risen to four with more than 180 injured as thousands of firefighters battled huge blazes spreading across the Mediterranean resort regions for a third day on Friday.
Agriculture Minister Bekir Pakdemirli told reporters during a visit to the affected region that Turkey does not have a firefighting plane in its inventory.
Planes from Russia and Ukraine helped battle the flames, and another from Azerbaijan was joining them. “As of midday, with the arrival of the planes, we are turning in a positive direction,” Erdoğan told reporters after Friday prayers.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Did, but it doesn't. I do have a vpn, so it is not a problem, but I was making a point for other members in Turkey.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman

Quake victim recovers after 9-month rehabilitation​

Extract:
A 16-year-old earthquake victim, who was saved from the rubble 17 hours after the 6.9-magnitute earthquake on Oct. 30, 2020 in the western province of İzmir, is now walking, running and doing daily activities without help after a nine-month rehabilitation process.

“I could not walk a step for two months. I felt enormous pain for months. Now I am back on my feet,” conservatory student İnci Okan told Anadolu Agency on July 30.

After a month of surgeries and months of physiotherapy, Okan said, “I never thought that I would be able to use my right leg again. I was ok if I could limp. Thank God, I can run now.”

Latest Posts

Top Bottom