Jaycey

African Refugee
Wanted: Good news
We have new neighbours. On one side the house and field have been empty for around 6 years. No one watered the trees, I counted 50 dead cherry and walnut trees. They have cleared them away, not sure what they are going to plant. They seem to be decent people. There is only one problem, they have a dog, with the same name as one of ours!
The daughter was out calling for it the other night, and chaos reigned.
You were very lucky - in Monrovia I inherited a very dumb dog that I called Stupid.
One evening I was calling him in from the garden and a black guy emerged from the bushes!
(In Liberia it is a criminal offence for a foreigner to call a local stupid!)
A few dollars changed hands and all was well.

The dog is actually a scrapyard guard dog

With us Irish all knowing each other ( they aren't actually Turks but Mary and Turlough O Turk) your new neighbors have been in contact with myself and they are from Dublin

They are decent hatd working travelers who deal mainly in scrap metal ( cars mostly) and are glad to have got the large field next to you as they have well over a hundred vehicles mainly for breaking

They also deal in copper wire ( expect regular small fires in the field as plastic is burnt off cabling) and can offer you good rates in driveway tarmacing

I have given them your contact details for a housewarming party to which most of their family of 23 will be attending

It's all part of the living abroad experience meeting different nationalities and varying cultures

Enjoy
Are they the ones that put in for planning permission for a hotel? It'll go down a storm right on the edge of the lake! Stunning location. Personally, I think they should run with the hotel idea and forget about the scrapyard. Just saying. xx

enoch

Are they the ones that put in for planning permission for a hotel? It'll go down a storm right on the edge of the lake! Stunning location. Personally, I think they should run with the hotel idea and forget about the scrapyard. Just saying. xx
I read that story no it was a Multi high rise complexes. They are advertising as having stunning views over a lake.

Kanga

I read that story no it was a Multi high rise complexes. They are advertising as having stunning views over a lake.
I heard there were plans for a new Turkish heavy vehicle driving school. Lora lora lorries!

Camden

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
It might be to someone who does not know what an oxymoron is, it is not someone who comes from Oxford.

Camden

Good news that we can learn about democracy at this new museum.

Good News .. certainly made me smile in disbelief.

Democrat and this man isn't that an oxymoron ?

I dont post these comments for you to be rude about the subject, I post for information and to keep to Mods' rules.

You obviously don't understand irony. . .

Most have been that subtle delivery Kanga , that caught me out.. 🥸

My husband's parent company announced that all staff could finish work at 2pm on Fridays throughout August.
My husband's actual company hasn't actually gone with this, but has given all permanent UK based staff 2 days extra holiday instead 😊🏖🏝.

I don't mind the offshore wind farms, but I am not so keen with the look of all the fields covered in solar panels. One that I past the other day even had sheep grazing amongst the panels, presumably to eat the grass, to save the farmer having to cut it.

Also the offshore wind farm that I currently look at from my window looks OK, but I am not so sure about when they try putting in new supersized wind turbines, about double the size of the current ones. The new ones on a rejected planning application were up to 250 metres tall. I am sure that they will put them in somewhere, luckily for me it currently won't be near me.

A couple of links below for anyone interested in wind farms

Latest Posts

Top Bottom