uller

Wanted: Good news
This must be good news! Spraying rose water wholesale on the occasion of the new Taksim mosque opening. Instant blessings. I can only afford little bottles.

40E2C0C9-0639-469F-99C2-71C5488E66A8.jpg

Chasey

I shot one-over par on the front 9 at my course on Friday (I play off 9.7)

Now if someone can direct me to the Bad News section, ill tell you all about the back 9 :cry::mad::cry:😭🏌️‍♂️

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I am reading a history of The Renaissance and was amused by one line written 500 years ago:

"Their women (the English) were unwelcome for another reason. They were so foul-mouthed that Joan of Arc always referred to them as "the Goddams." And the English of both sexes were known, even then, for their insolence. In 1500 The Venetian ambassador to London reported to his government that his hosts were "...great lovers of themselves, and of everything belonging to them; they think there are no other men than themselves, and no other country but England; and whenever they see a handsome foreigner they say "he looks like an Englishman," and that it is a great pity that he is not one.""

Now tell me there is not a national "type" - I suppose that is racist?

Ian

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I am reading a history of The Renaissance and was amused by one line written 500 years ago:

"Their women (the English) were unwelcome for another reason. They were so foul-mouthed that Joan of Arc always referred to them as "the Goddams." And the English of both sexes were known, even then, for their insolence. In 1500 The Venetian ambassador to London reported to his government that his hosts were "...great lovers of themselves, and of everything belonging to them; they think there are no other men than themselves, and no other country but England; and whenever they see a handsome foreigner they say "he looks like an Englishman," and that it is a great pity that he is not one.""

Now tell me there is not a national "type" - I suppose that is racist?

Ian
Well if the modern day 'National type' is BJ, Gove or Moggy Reece then I for one, would be offended.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Desperate for some good news, £280 for a service, £340 for a new front tyre, got home to find the roughcasters apprentice had spilled some white cementy water on the natural stone patio, she hasn't seen it yet as she is having her hair done which will no doubt cost similar to the tyre.
It will take the shine off the few pence per bottle saving on our cross border beer run. So fingers crossed for a poor pensioner please.

enoch

Desperate for some good news, £280 for a service, £340 for a new front tyre, got home to find the roughcasters apprentice had spilled some white cementy water on the natural stone patio, she hasn't seen it yet as she is having her hair done which will no doubt cost similar to the tyre.
It will take the shine off the few pence per bottle saving on our cross border beer run. So fingers crossed for a poor pensioner please.
I take it you didn't use a impregnate then?

enoch

Not sure what one is Enoch
Natural stone sealer it should stop stains oil everything. You can get them for internal or external stone work. There must be some good ones on the market now. We also used a acid solution to clean stains, but you would need a test area to try a good building supply you need to talk to the sooner the better.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I think it will clean Enoch, the guy that laid it is bringing some cleaner at weekend, we use wet and forget to stop algae etc but we hadn't banked on a dizzy apprentice.

Mushroom

Rejoice - the swimming pools on the Titanic are still full!!
Rejoice 2. If Bjorn and Benny of Abba fame had instead been named Dave and Steve - the band would have been named ASDA.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
How much for a tyre, what is so special about it? your mod's pension should cover most of it. Ms got her hair cut here yesterday, 50TL, problem is that I spent 900TL while waiting 2.5 hrs for her, she cannot drive these days.

Top Bottom