yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Wanted: Good news
Since my dad passed away i have dealt with and funded everything thus far, linsey helped me fill in the application for probate form online we uploaded the death certificate, there was no IHT or other minor debts as I had settled them. We sent the original Will in to them after I had to fight to get it from the Solicitors Registration Authority or whatever they are called, dad had his will done by a solicitor who got locked up and struck off years ago so all the original documents go to the SRA,found them awkward and obstructive to deal with, The Will went tracked and delivered by 1 next day by Royal Mail except it didn't, took 11 days to arrive, I got the R.M. confirmation of delivery but no confirmation of receipt by the Probate Office so I called them on Monday, they told me to give it until the end of the month, fair enough considering the current circumstances, anyway at 1 minute past 9 this morning I got an email confirming receipt, so very happy, at 10 past 9 I got another email telling me the documents had been approved and the relevant Grant of Probate Document would be in the post within 10 days so even more happy with that, massive weight off my mind !
Don't pay anyone to do probate, its actually quite easy to do online and dont pay a solicitor to do a will, ever !

Happy Friday for me.

Martin

Kanga

Glad you are getting things sorted, but can't agree about not doing a will. If you dont; the government has a template that is automatically applied to every estate. That means family you may not have wanted to inherit will do so. No family? Easy, it goes to HRH the Prince of Wales.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Glad you are getting things sorted, but can't agree about not doing a will. If you dont; the government has a template that is automatically applied to every estate. That means family you may not have wanted to inherit will do so. No family? Easy, it goes to HRH the Prince of Wales.
I didn't say don't do a will.

Martin

Kanga

I didn't say don't do a will.

Martin
No, agreed, but '. . . and dont pay a solicitor to do a will, ever !. . . . ' as you said, infers it. Surely you aren't suggesting a DIY will? That's a recipe for disaster. I was in college with someone who had fallen out with 2 siblings over one. They each appointed a solicitor to argue their case in court. In the end the lawyers took most of the inheritance in fees and left 3 siblings with diddly squit.
A late friend let her nephew write her will and he had dated it the wrong century and used a witness who was also a beneficiary. Again, disaster as it was totally void.

I'd rather pay a solicitor to do one properly in plain English, with no ambiguities, as we have.

What's your advice Martin?

Camden

88989.jpg

World-renowned online food site TasteAtlas has announced its awards for 2020 in a list called “The Best Traditional Food in the World," and the traditional Turkish dish of Adana kebab, named after its origin city in southern Turkey, has been ranked among the top
three dishes in the world.

PS though I am not sure on the standard of judging as.... The classic Margherita pizza took first place. LOL

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
View attachment 20859

World-renowned online food site TasteAtlas has announced its awards for 2020 in a list called “The Best Traditional Food in the World," and the traditional Turkish dish of Adana kebab, named after its origin city in southern Turkey, has been ranked among the top
three dishes in the world.

PS though I am not sure on the standard of judging as.... The classic Margherita pizza took first place. LOL

People must be easily pleased.

Camden

mysterious-monolith found near the ancient site of Göbeklitepe in Turkey’s southeast province of Şanlıurfa was part of the advertisement of the National Space Programme.

The object, which was inscribed with the old Turkic script of Göktürk, was discovered on Friday, prompting a large number of people to flock to the area.

The Turkish Space Agency is a government agency in Turkey for national aerospace research, formally created by a presidential decree in Dec. 2018.

Last edited:

Camden

This is what happens when your kids leave the cat filter on ....

‘I am not a cat’: Lawyer gets stuck with cat Zoom filter on call with judge in viral court video

Judge Roy Ferguson, who presided over the session, tweeted that the video showed ‘the legal community’s effort to continue representing their clients in these challenging times’

--https://inews.co.uk/news/i-am-not-a-cat-lawyer-stuck-cat-zoom-filter-call-judge-viral-court-video-865766

Latest Posts

Top Bottom