PASH

Want A Free Laptop ?
Why am i not surprised, this is probably because of some new idiotic EU law. Next we will be giving the Mum and Dads a new horse and cart!

Saoirse

Want A Free Laptop ?
You have to hand it to that reactionary rag!

At least they are consistent, nothing in the world matters more than scare stories about travellers, refugees, foreigners comming over here taking all our jobs etc!

Totally obsessed!

I am convinced that if we were ever visited by Martians, whilst other papers would exhalt the greatest event of mans history the mail would be giving off about wether they were eligible for housing benefit!

Number6

Want A Free Laptop ?
You have to hand it to that reactionary rag!

At least they are consistent, nothing in the world matters more than scare stories about travellers, refugees, foreigners comming over here taking all our jobs etc!

Totally obsessed!

I am convinced that if we were ever visited by Martians, whilst other papers would exhalt the greatest event of mans history the mail would be giving off about wether they were eligible for housing benefit!

Too true the middle class blue rinse brigade is alive and well:77wu:

Want A Free Laptop ?
Just look at the headline! A little bit biased ?
But so far not the reaction I've come to expect from this forum. Thanks Saoirse.

fran1

Want A Free Laptop ?
I can't see the problem myself, why shouldn't they have a lap top to help them wıth theır studıes. Why should theır parents lıfestyle dısadvantage the chıldren? I work ın a large secondary school ın Bradford 80% whıte wıth 65% of parents lomg term unemployed and obvıously claımıng state benfıts. At least Traveller famılıes work!

kaplumba

Want A Free Laptop ?
I taught children from Traveller families for many years. As with any community they are all different. Some of them run successful businesses, pay their taxes etc and some don't. Some travel around looking for work and some don't. Some are law abiding and some are not. One thing they all suffer from is discrimination and most children manage to make it through primary school. However most of them do not last the first year at secondary school mostly due to bullying. Most of the parents I met realise how important education is and as most of them had a disjointed or in some cases no formal education they are very keen that their children are educated. Many of them do own computers and there are many who will not accept any form of financial help from the authorities. I suspect this newspaper is trying to cause trouble. Traveller children have a main school and then those who do travel either take work packs with them or check in with another school. Having a computer with them will make it so much easier for teachers to keep tabs on them and provide the work. For those who do not attend secondary school it will allow them to study. My own view is that educating this next generation of Travellers is essential and sometimes we have to think outside the box to do it. There will be some who take advantage but there will be some children (and I have met so many very clever Traveller children who do not reach their full potential) who reap huge benefits. Traveller communities are not the only ones to receive computers, dyslexic students are also entitled to one.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom