lolabean

Vow of silence
Hi,
New to forum as in posting, have been viewing for a while with interest.
My family have purchased a property in Turkey , although it now seems a distant memory. They went to view lots of places took advice, did all their homework, thought they`d gone about it with caution then finally took the plunge.

Beautiful site , off plan, paid up front as did MANY others. Reputable Estate agent, Solicitor, and builder supposedly. That was 2005 !

To date they have nothing and apparently are not even allowed to discuss it due to being in the hands of Turkish solicitors.

Many others have bought on this particular site obviously but it is to date left as a building site. My family have lost their savings and dreams , they are left with nothing only the worry of paying out more and more to solicitors who in my opinion are just lining their own pockets, whilst doing very little in updating them on the situation.

Due to the court proceedings they cannot speak, or so they are told, but how can they just sit there and let this happen. I really wish there was something I could do to help.

They now have lost their money, their holidays, their dreams and soon their health if this continues.

Sorry but needed an outlet. Any suggestions. Oh and nice to meet you all...!

bev timms

bev timms
Vow of silence
Hi and welcome to the forum. there appear to be many people experiencing the same problems as your family and feel unable to express their feelings and /or name and shame due to legal proceedings. have you and your family signed the petition raised by CarolK and Becky and her hubby who have been on the TV and are actively trying to raise awareness of the corruption in the property business in Turkey? Cant post links to it i'm afraid as thats beyond my capabilities(!!), but some kind soul on here will I'm sure. anyway, keep talking and get it 'off your chest'.

best wishes

bev and jan

:Flower:

Vow of silence
only today i was reading the threads on paradise bay,sorry to hear of the problems we are in same situation we lost our apartment and are fighting to get monies back,
who said they couldnt speak out?? they bought in good will paid monies up front to fund the project and have lost it so why shouldnt they speak up.
there is a website which us victims have started along with 2 petitions which you can access via the website
altinkum-ripped-off.webs.com
the more people aware of your situation the better there are probably some who bought on that site that dont even know they are in trouble

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Vow of silence
My god,,when will the authorities wake up to this evil behaviour that is blighting so many dreams.This will not do the image any good buying in Turkey.Why are they told to be quiet,lt sounds very suspicious to me and you should be able to speak out.
Another of many just added to the growing pile of victims.

Vow of silence
Is the solicitor they are using local or an out of town solicitor?

Maybe more progress could be made by finding a solicitor away from the area who does not have personal ties with estate agent, builder or the local authorities.

lolabean

Vow of silence
Thank you bev, beckie and bob, Not exactly sure how to work everything on here but its good to hear from you. We have signed the petitions and watched beckie and Geraint on This morning. Its hard to believe that this can and is still happening. It basically seems to me like day light robbery with no laws or structure in place to help.

The VOW OF SILENCE seems to be via the solicitors, apparently whilst in hands of the turkish LEGAL EXPERTS they haven`t to discuss the problems they are having.

As far as i`m concerned UNITY is the answer, unless they all get together (other purchasers) how they going to get anything done?? They are literally scared to speak in case it has an even more adverse affect.

Vow of silence
how else are they supposed to know what to do if they dont speak out or speak with each other as the solicitors never tell you what is happening in court only that everything is going ok and that you will win your case .

lolabean

Vow of silence
Yes Apollo they are using the solicitor that was recommended to them at the start of the buying process and have carried on with them throughout.

carolk

R.I.P
Vow of silence
This is another terrible story!! How much have they lost? This has to be a bloody useless solicitor and maybe you may find a recommendation on here.

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/bodrum-forum/23788-finally-decent-honest-lawyer-bodrum.html

Have a look at this thread by Pash and send him a pm, I am sure he will give the name of the solicitor he found although its in Bodrum it might actually be better to use someone out of the area.

Good luck, stay on the forum and get as much help and information as you can.

GnD

Vow of silence
Truly sorry to hear about such a sad situation. I think for many of us it has not run smoothly, but from the heart wish you and your family all the best with the recourse you are taking.

Debbie and family

lolabean

Vow of silence
Not sure how to do the THANK YOU that i`ve seen on line but on behalf of myself and family THANK YOU for all your replys:Flower:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Vow of silence
So sorry to hear of this happening to your family, like they, we all did the homework and this is still happening, there are no words to describe these evil tricksters. Good Luck for a positive outcome, and welcome to the Forum, you will get plenty of support on here.

Tess

Vow of silence
Hi Lolabean, I am so sorry to read your story, I sincerely hope you get some satisfaction soon, I hardly know what to say to you, words seem inadequate, but you are in the best place to keep in touch with many situations, thank God for the Forums, it is all turning into such a nightmare, more and more desperately harrowing stories coming to light. So very sorry for your troubles! Some fab people on here to recommend routes and advice to proceed!!! Take care. Sharon xx

lolabean

Vow of silence
Hi Tess, Not really my story belongs more to my mum and dad. Its sad really because they have worked hard all their lives and thought they were doing their best for their children and grand children. thank you on their behalf

Vow of silence
sea sider are you in similar situation??
i put a post on another thread earlier regarding newspaper coverage that is interested in the tapu scandals

lolabean to thank people there is a little box on the right of the post just click it to thank peeps

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Vow of silence
Hi lolabean and welcome , sorry to hear of your troubles, good luck to your mum &dad. Unfortunatley they are not the first and certainly, will not be the last, take care,

Jeannie :Flower:

Tess

Vow of silence
Hi Tess, Not really my story belongs more to my mum and dad. Its sad really because they have worked hard all their lives and thought they were doing their best for their children and grand children. thank you on their behalf

Will be thinking on you and your family Lolabean, the same to everyone with troubles, I'm not trouble free myself but am hopeful!! Good wishes!!! Sharonx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom