carolk

R.I.P
Voices news - No tapu no security
Shameful! Those poor people - I cant imagine what kind of a system would send all the relevant documents to the man who sits in jail for the fraudulent selling of these properties. And as for selling them before the said date - equally as corrupt as the builder!!

The useless British consul should pack up and go home!

zozatky

I thought that the notarised sales agreement that you get at the Notary when you buy a property, (The one with the sellers and buyers photos and copies of their ID) was an official document. it shows that you have purchased the property and a copy is held by the Notary which is a government department.
If that is the case then how can the Government sell off what you own to recover someone elses debt?
I could understand if the Tapus had been given as colleteral to a money lender etc but in this case the debt is to the Government.
Have I mist something obvious???

Tess

Peregrine, that is what the folks owed money from the builder do, register a debt against the property. I am unable to explain it from a legal sense, but, I don't think it is possible for us without a tapu to register against, I think the builder has to agree to it. Maybe Celtic will explain for us, I know a little but not enough to explain, hope this makes sense.
I'm afraid not everyones contract is notarised, on some ocassions builders took folks to an interpretor and they thought this was the Noter.

It was heart wrenching to read the stories in Voices, poor folks.

Celtic, please can you explain for us if you see this.

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
l have always said the system seems to be designed for the corrupt minds to take advantage of the one's bringing in the money from other countries, without any proper regulative boards to stop this from happening.

Just by looking at the vast majority of the properties that has a price tag different to a Turkish price tag,does tell me this is deliberately set up for to exploit money from the foriegner's and they will do nothing about it,until they have enough money in the system for it to be healthy enough to qualify for the E.U

They can easily close this loophole if they want to,but because money is coming in from abroad and feeding the economy through corrupt means.They will allow this to happen until it dries up.Then they will close the loophole,making it look like they have helped stopped this corruption in it's tracks.When in fact they should've done this many years ago.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Absolutely true Panther.l have thought this for quite sometime,since it has been advertised all over the world.You would think straight away they would urgently brought in some policy to stop this from happening.
This is why l think it has been designed for this reason,until no more money can be swindled from the outsiders.

botchy123

The President of Turkey is in Didim tomorrow i understand.Why dont people make a protest

zozatky

If its anything like when he came to Kusadasi you couldnt get within 500 mtrs of him I was in my wheelchair going to get a closer look but a big security agent blocked my way Yabanci yok thats it.

Good idea never the less the only problem however is we are in Turkey the land of free speech Ect Ect .
And as I recall Soke nick does B & B and its not faraway.

Good luck to the Didum Folk power to the people.
:gulme:

traveller

Thanks Panther, 2 very interesting articles. I couldn't agree more with the comments made both to "Voices" and on this thread.

It's more of the same old, same old ..... yabanci pays, usually well over the odds, gets ripped off big style and ends up with nowt except acid indigestion from the worry, stress and burning rage at a system which allows such things to happen. My sympathies go out to these people, not only losing their homes/investments but, who didn't even get to salvage their belongings.

Only when foreigners STOP buying property, except from other foreigners who DO have their paperwork, will the country suddenly wake up and realise the gravy train has ended.

As for the Consul, seems to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard, they should be tackling the Turkish Government direct on this, not doing "research" to see who else is being ripped off. This scandal should be in every newspaper around the world.

botchy123

But if people especially foreigners protested it would be in every newspaper and TV stations as well.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom