tinkyman

Voices anti homeowners?
I was very surprised and disappointed to see another lot of drivel f
rom the so called minister of tourism slagging of
home owners again on the front page of voices newspaper a soon as I arrived at the begginning of this week. Voices are obviously showing this trait and hostility towards home buyers in Altinkum as it is ot the first time they printed this kind of rubbish.
Firstly, has this minister not heard of the worldwide recession or is he hiding his head in the sand
Second, there are more people sat in the all inclusive hotels than there are in Altinkum so they are not contributing much to the economy are they
Third the rest of the hotels are dumps so the big holiday companies won't touch them
Fourth I will have spent a total of 4 weeks in altinkum and eaten in on a maximum of 2 nights so the minister has that one wrong. When I do stay in I still buy everything I need in the local shops
Fifth I employ a local company for airport transfers and hire a car for a few days. Again I am contributing to the economy
Sixth I always book a couple of sightseeing trips again money into the local economy
Seventh I pay my electric and water and council tax again more money into the economy
Eighth I pay mu annual site fees which helps to keep two turkish men in full time employment
Ninth why does the minister perhaps only allow hotels to built that are maximum of half board to force guests out to sample the resort
Tenth SMARTEN THE WHOLE PLACE UP. No wonder the Marina road will be taking passengers from the marina to the Appollo to make sure they do not see Altinkum.
Eleventh when is this ridiculous guy going to realise that if you took all the homeowners out of Altinkum at the snap of fingers then there would be no-one left
Twelth when I first came here and bught my place every car was a wreck. Just see the standard of cars now. Whose money has contributed to this new wealth. The homeowners of course

I would love to meet this minister and discuss his obvious dislike if anyone foreign that owns a property

parrot

Voices anti homeowners?
Until they change their crap attitiude I will spend as little as possible on the local economy,well except for the essentials like Efes.:cheers:

Voices anti homeowners?
You are lucky you are able to own your property! I had to put my Tapu in the name of my lawyer (and of course pay him for that) since there has been a ban on foreigners buying property in Istanbul for several years now.

martin m

Voices anti homeowners?
Hi all
I have read tinkymans post and thought what on earth is in the VOICES that has created so much concern, whilst i agreed with a lot of tinkymans individual points, i was amazed at the level of bitterness in the letters that readers of the article have left with the paper.
I seem to be in a bit of a quandry because there was a very good thread on the main page this morning about "why choose Turkey" and one of the main reasons that people chose turkey was basically the state of the uk, hence the UK got a real slagging of,(many points i agreed with) and turkey was the land of glory (so to speak), And here i am now reading things like "Get out now before its too late", i refer to a reply in voices to the headline story.
So where does that leave me?, quite simply exactly where i was this time yesterday, the reason i say that is because i cant see what all the fuss is about, nothing has happened in the last six months, , that did not happen last year, you still got a bit of hassle not much, the odd con was tried, theres still dual pricing in some places, theres still buildings unfinished, pavements you can get killed on (holes), and yes sadly people are still being property conned, but have things really got any worse because i seem to be missing the point, just why are people getting so angry because the tourism minister has come out with a bit of tripe, its no worse than what our MPs do, oh yes thats why some leave here, vicious circle!!!
martin

tinkyman

Voices anti homeowners?
But it is a bot of tripe aimed at the foreign homeowners and then the Turkish believe this crap and then start to resent us. Just remember all the turkish that are in England did not bring 1000's of £'s with them like we have into their country. My main point is that this so called minister of tourism os missing the maon reason tourism is down. Its no good blaming us. We are helping

Hi all
I have read tinkymans post and thought what on earth is in the VOICES that has created so much concern, whilst i agreed with a lot of tinkymans individual points, i was amazed at the level of bitterness in the letters that readers of the article have left with the paper.
I seem to be in a bit of a quandry because there was a very good thread on the main page this morning about "why choose Turkey" and one of the main reasons that people chose turkey was basically the state of the uk, hence the UK got a real slagging of,(many points i agreed with) and turkey was the land of glory (so to speak), And here i am now reading things like "Get out now before its too late", i refer to a reply in voices to the headline story.
So where does that leave me?, quite simply exactly where i was this time yesterday, the reason i say that is because i cant see what all the fuss is about, nothing has happened in the last six months, , that did not happen last year, you still got a bit of hassle not much, the odd con was tried, theres still dual pricing in some places, theres still buildings unfinished, pavements you can get killed on (holes), and yes sadly people are still being property conned, but have things really got any worse because i seem to be missing the point, just why are people getting so angry because the tourism minister has come out with a bit of tripe, its no worse than what our MPs do, oh yes thats why some leave here, vicious circle!!!
martin

JohnF

Voices anti homeowners?
You are lucky you are able to own your property! I had to put my Tapu in the name of my lawyer (and of course pay him for that) since there has been a ban on foreigners buying property in Istanbul for several years now.
Since when? We own several properties in Istanbul and haven't had an issue buying or selling during the past few years.

JF

Voices anti homeowners?
I was very surprised and disappointed to see another lot of drivel f
rom the so called minister of tourism slagging of
home owners again on the front page of voices newspaper a soon as I arrived at the begginning of this week. Voices are obviously showing this trait and hostility towards home buyers in Altinkum as it is ot the first time they printed this kind of rubbish.
Firstly, has this minister not heard of the worldwide recession or is he hiding his head in the sand
Second, there are more people sat in the all inclusive hotels than there are in Altinkum so they are not contributing much to the economy are they
Third the rest of the hotels are dumps so the big holiday companies won't touch them
Fourth I will have spent a total of 4 weeks in altinkum and eaten in on a maximum of 2 nights so the minister has that one wrong. When I do stay in I still buy everything I need in the local shops
Fifth I employ a local company for airport transfers and hire a car for a few days. Again I am contributing to the economy
Sixth I always book a couple of sightseeing trips again money into the local economy
Seventh I pay my electric and water and council tax again more money into the economy
Eighth I pay mu annual site fees which helps to keep two turkish men in full time employment
Ninth why does the minister perhaps only allow hotels to built that are maximum of half board to force guests out to sample the resort
Tenth SMARTEN THE WHOLE PLACE UP. No wonder the Marina road will be taking passengers from the marina to the Appollo to make sure they do not see Altinkum.
Eleventh when is this ridiculous guy going to realise that if you took all the homeowners out of Altinkum at the snap of fingers then there would be no-one left
Twelth when I first came here and bught my place every car was a wreck. Just see the standard of cars now. Whose money has contributed to this new wealth. The homeowners of course

I would love to meet this minister and discuss his obvious dislike if anyone foreign that owns a property

Can you provide a link, or summarise the article? I have just looked at The Voices website and can't see it.

JohnF

Voices anti homeowners?
Voices are obviously showing this trait and hostility towards home buyers in Altinkum as it is ot the first time they printed this kind of rubbish.
Would you rather they didn't report Deniz Atabay's comments, maybe just ignored it because it's not what a few readers want to hear?

Your attitude is very much "lets shoot the messenger" because I don't agree with whats been reported.

when is this ridiculous guy going to realise that if you took all the homeowners out of Altinkum at the snap of fingers then there would be no-one left
On the basis that it's only a select few who have made any serious money from the recent influx of foreign residents (and not just in Altinkum), you may actually find more than one local who would not see that as such a bad thing.

JF

Voices anti homeowners?
It's not a complete ban, John. They had a 'quota' for foreign ownership in Beyoglu which was apparently filled up in 2006 or 2005 and when I purchased last year they informed me the quota was full and I could not purchase in my own name.
There is much rumour of things changing so I constantly have my ear to the ground but it's been in force for a few years. Both my lawyer and another lawyer know this and the second lawyer has actally sued Beyoglu tapu registry on behalf of his client who could not purchase here. If you already have a property then it is using up a part of the quota and presumably you can sell or pass on the property in your Will but you cannot expand the quota if it is closed they say.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Voices anti homeowners?
Would it be fair to say that Altinkum has had more of an influx of foreign property owners than perhaps any other area in Turkey?

I only ask that as that is the perception I have.

C

carolk

R.I.P
Voices anti homeowners?
I think I have to say that Voices is very fair when reporting news here in Altinkum. It was after all they who reported the Tapu scandal to the masses and, has kept us up to date as it goes forward.

They didn't say what was written in the report, only published it and I for one am glad they did. I want to know what the tourism chairman thinks, what he sees as the problems and causes here, it is on this basis that I can say categorically, he is a fool!!!

Voices anti homeowners?

Phil Johns

Kennels & Pet Transporter
Voices anti homeowners?
As I said yesterday they dont want us here anymore, now the spending has died down, if you cant see this coming what can I say they hate us being here but want the dosh, now its gone so pack your bags and get out!!!!!!!!!!! end of:468bo:

I forgot to add that when all the German and european Turks and those from the big cites, in thier the big motors, are here I dont see them spending to much, in fact many refuse to pay thier site fees, however they do spend many hours people watching walking up nd down the front but may buy the odd Ice cream at least once a holiday

Last edited by a moderator:

ralph

Voices anti homeowners?

Who says there is a ban on foreigners buying property!! I have bought in Sisily which is in the city centre and know loads others who have bought. Granted it is a nightmare to complete the formalities and obtain the TAPU. But that's a different issue.

Voices anti homeowners?
Ralph, I am talking about Beyoglu, not Sisli or another area. I apologise since I see I did not make that clear in my last post in this thread. My lawyer has just spoken to the Beyoglu Tapu registry and the ban is still in place (it's been around since 2006) as they say the 10% quota of foreigners allowed to purchase in Beyoglu is full. I can assure you this is true and there are at least two legal actions in the pipeline against Beyoglu tapu registry. But their orders come from Ankara.

tintagel

Voices anti homeowners?
I've been out of the loop for a while........... stuff happens......

'Don't shoot the messenger' springs to mind. Voices, is one of the very few 'regional' papers that do print the crap that's happening!. It's not totally made up of articles on gardening, wildlife & book swapping etc, etc.

It must be a thankless task printing 'what we want to hear (the real truth)' but at the same time it makes us so b-mad to see it in print!. We (well, I do!) make comments about the articles, they make me so mad, it's good to able to let some steam off..... Thank You Voices ( & TLF :kafa::biggrin:).

Latest Posts

Top Bottom