edy

Vitamins/supplements customs question
Hope someone can help with the following question. I'm thinking of ordering some vitamins/supplements from the US but don't know if customs here in Turkey will allow that. Has anyone gone through the process?

thanks

A89

Yes. I have. They will not be allowed in unless you have doctors letters etc saying that they are necessary for your health. Havent you posted this on the ex pats facebook page? The replies there are correct.
I buy many supplements online from Turkey or get people to bring them when they visit. You will be very very lucky if they get through all the checks when they arrive in istanbul.

alison

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
You can buy most vitamins etc. in Turkey, and many of the US companies sell their stuff here. Is there something specific you are having trouble finding?

Ian

edy

Yes. I have. They will not be allowed in unless you have doctors letters etc saying that they are necessary for your health. Havent you posted this on the ex pats facebook page? The replies there are correct.
I buy many supplements online from Turkey or get people to bring them when they visit. You will be very very lucky if they get through all the checks when they arrive in istanbul.

alison

Thanks as always for the reply Alison. I appreciate it. I did in fact asked the same question on the expats fb page thinking additional TL opinions on the subject would be productive.

edy

You can buy most vitamins etc. in Turkey, and many of the US companies sell their stuff here. Is there something specific you are having trouble finding?

Ian

Hi Ian,

Theres in fact a new US product that has recently come on the market thus my customs question. As always, thanks for your help Ian....appreciate it.

turkmenow

been here a long time
Up and until about 5 years ago you could have brought in a suitcase full along cheese etc... My advice still would be 'just go for it'. Chances are great nobody will look inside anything anyhow. Vitamins are SO much cheaper in the US. Worst case scenario is customs will just take them from you. For sure I would try and bring 10 Vitamins or so and not worry. After all, this is still Turkey (Not the police state of the States!) Check like Puritans Pride and they have SO many buy 1 get 2 free and at very cheap prices. Some things are a fortune here in Turkey. Omega 3, Vit A etc... Hope this helps.

Reactions: edy

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I think the issue was that they would be shipped and not brought out in a suitcase. This is why the customs becomes an issue.

Reactions: edy

turkmenow

been here a long time
Thanks Ibraham bey, I read the post again and yes you are correct. So, absolutely they will take it. I do believe what one can do, put the receipts in with the shipment and when it arrives and Gumruk/Customs takes it, they will contact the receivers address and you can still get (the vitamins), you just have to pay the %100 or say Double for the items. I only wrote this because sometimes it will still be cheaper than buying here. Well, that is up until the Dollar went up %40. Thanks

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I got stopped in Antalya with about 800 glucosamine pills and 6 tubs of yeast, they asked me what they were but one guy told the other what it said on the label translated into Turkish. They allowed me to go through, but it made me think, I will bring smaller amounts after this.

HudsonMccall

Hello, it depends on what vitamins you want to buy. Some products require a license, and you can't order them online. If we talk about different food supplements, you shouldn't face any problems buying them. I have been buying SARMS online from Buy SARMs for Sale | 3rd Party Verified | USA-Made | PureRawz for more than two years. I didn't face any problems at the customs because SARMS doesn't contain drugs. SARMS are just performance-enhancing agents that stimulate anabolism and help you increase your muscular mass without causing any harm to your body.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom