Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
visa
I think it is worth mentioning that the 90 days is not for the arrival but for the departure date, you must leave the country before your 90 days expire.

Dave

Phew, this thread's hard work, they will be returning within their 90 days so they won't have departed, yet! so they'll be ok to not have to pay the £10!!!

:25:

visa
Thought so! just wanted to make sure...thank all. Will be out as much as possible as new apartment ready yipeeeee! only had 4days there in May , flying visit in 2 weeks,to check on air con etc, but out again in Aug, can't get enough!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
visa
Thought so! just wanted to make sure...thank all. Will be out as much as possible as new apartment ready yipeeeee! only had 4days there in May , flying visit in 2 weeks,to check on air con etc, but out again in Aug, can't get enough!

It's addictive, lol we were there in May and go again in 4 weeks and again and again throughout the season, lol

dksbbs

visa
Phew, this thread's hard work, they will be returning within their 90 days so they won't have departed, yet! so they'll be ok to not have to pay the £10!!!

:25:

Not hard work at all, quite simple really.

All I was trying to say was that a visa lasts 90 days, you can reenter during that period but must leave before the visa expires, I know people who have entered and thought they were OK but when they left the visa had expired (Only by a couple of days) and they were fined.

Dave

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
visa
It's not THAT difficult to understand ! :doh:

From the date of purchase of the visa you can enter and leave the country as many times as you like, providing that the period from first entry to last exit doesn't exceed 90 days.

If you exceed the 90 days, it'll cost you...............loads !

GnD

visa
Cheers all

I NEVER knew that.

If you are revisiting but know that you WILL go beyond the 90 days are you able to declare on entry and pay th £10?

Debbie

visa
Yes, if you know you will go over the 90 days you can tell them and pay for a new visa when you arrive - they will not say no to the £10!
I did this last summer but it worked out well because my partner arrived in Turkey 3 weeks after me and his visa would have run out within the stay, he told them this at Bodrum Airport and they shrugged their shoulders and let him in, no probs when he left either...
Having said that I would NEVER risk that myself and he was honest but they didn't care, not sure why?

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
visa
There have been changes made the the rules since that post.

You'll find now that if you overstay by up to 14 days, you'll be fined at the rate of about 110 TL per day. However, that's at the discretion of the Pasaport Polis officer in charge at the time.

Anyone overstaying by more than 14 days, will have to apply through the Turkish Embassy in their home country for their next visa. They'll also be banned for a period of time from entering Turkey which is determined by the Pasaport Polis and they will have to pay a fine before re-entry.

beldibi

visa
It is safer to count it as 89 days, from date of stamp,inclusive, to date of exit. Different areas apply their own interpretation. It is measured in 24hr. segments, midnight to midnight.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom