butt007

Warren
Visa check point
My wife and I went to England in July for 3 weeks, the first time since we came here to live early 2007.
We both had a great time seeing all the grandchildren and old friends, of course it had to come to an end eventually and back we came to Antalya Airport, flight was good and on time.
We all get up to get off the plane " would everyone please sit down again, we have'nt landed yet!!" say's the pilot. Grumbulings from passengers but we all sat down again.
So the plane lands....... we all rush off to be first at passport check in and to get visas, so, we get to the visa check control, we hand in our passports and 5year resident books,.....the woman looks at them and sez ...... "£10", I say "err, no we're residents", she turns to guy next to her saying "!!!!!!!!!!!" and him back to her saying "???!!!?!" then to me again "£10 please".
Well I had only one £10 note in my wallet so that would mean leaving my wife behind, she would'nt have been happy about that I think.
So back to the woman I turns and sez "Noooo, Noooo, Noooo we are residents I am not paying £10", at this point she starts to get a little flustered and turns to the police man standing close by, after a short conversation with him she turns to me and sez " Ok, Ok, go".
Thank you I sez and off we went,... what a cheek!! it cost us 5000tl for 5 yr residency and then they want us to pay a tenner each to come back in GGGRRRRRR.:132lm:
Warren

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Visa check point
I never go to the visa desk it just confuses em!! head straight to passport control and show your Ikamet and passport there.............whilst chuckling at the tourists all queuing for their visas, then stroll off to duty free whilst waiting for your luggage to come through. See there are some benefits of paying for residency

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Visa check point
They'll try that on at many ports / airports of entry and border crossings. I think they get a bonus based on the number of tenners they collect. :lol:

Just by-pass the visa desk and go straight to the Pasaport Polis. Show them the expiry date in your Residence Permit and hand over your passport for stamping.

Visa check point
If you knew you didn't need a visa why did you go to the visa desk?I think that if you queue at the visa desk they will assume you want a visa. I would. When you have a permit you are expected to go straight to passport control.

When we came back in August my wife took me through the Turkish passport desk with her and just showed my passport with the residency permit and, much to my surprise, we got straight through. I was expecting to be sent back to the end of the non-Turkish passport control queue.

Visa check point
We had 2 holidays in Turkey within 3 months, just went to Passport control as we didn't need a new visa, no problem.

tomc1984

Visa check point
We had 2 holidays in Turkey within 3 months, just went to Passport control as we didn't need a new visa, no problem.

We did that, it is a great feeling not to pay the tenner. but where do the tenners go? They must rake it in, any idea how much in 1 year.

butt007

Warren
Visa check point
Well, being as it was the first time we had ever been out of Turkey and back again,although we had residents permits, I just assumed you showed it were they issued the visas..... they would look at them then just wave us through, as I said earlier, I will know were to go next time, but thanks to all for the info.
Warren

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom