searspe

Visa application
Hi
I have had a request off my turkish friend to write a letter as he is applying for a visa to come and visit me in England. Can anybody tell me what I need to put in the letter? he has mentioned bank details and utility bills but I don't want to put information in the letter that they don't need to know.

thingthong

Visa application
another fraudster,why would you need to give your bank details,if you do .........he/she will clear out your bank a/c and disappear into the night..........

Tess

Visa application
Hi Searspe, Welcome to the forum.
I would not be giving out bank details or personal bill details willy nilly, may I ask how long you have known this friend.
I mean no disrespect to your friends integrity.
At the present time and current climate, it is just so important to be safe rather than sorry.
The details your friend suggested - is this to be added to a letter you are sending to the authorities?
To whom is your friend suggesting you send the letter?
I am not familiar with this concept Searspe having never done the like before.
Someone more familiar may be along soon and will maybe be able to advise.

searspe

Visa application
I have known him for four years and bought an apartment through him. I have no reason to not trust him but hearing all the horror stories I need to be sure that this information is needed

Tess

Visa application
Do you mean you bought an apartment from him or you bought it and it is in his name, not yours ???

Tess

Visa application
Why does he need you to write a letter, is it to say he his travelling to visit you etc,I know an estate agent from Altinkum who is in UK all the time, backwards and forwards to Turkey. He does not appear to have any difficulty coming in and out. I'm afraid I don't know enough regarding the concept of visa's etc and a Turkish citizen travelling to the UK.
May I ask just out of curiosity do you have your Tapu etc ??

Last edited:

searspe

Visa application
there was complications with the tapu but he was good and he spent time with us to sort it out.

Tess

Visa application
Does that mean you have the tapu in your name ? The complications ?? spending time did it resolve the issue and the tapu is now in your name, it's a wonder he did not realise complications were in place prior to selling to you.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Visa application
I wrote a letter for someone I knew to aid his visa application and I did not have to put any personal details in it.

All I put was how long I had known him and that I knew he was only visiting the UK on a business trip.

As far as I know the only bank/personal details the authorities are interested are the visa applicants as they want to make sure they will be returning to Turkey.

I would say if he has suggested that you give personal details that you must not do it.

searspe

Visa application
the complication was with the land owner and the builder.This is being fought through the courts through solicitors and the information I have recieved he would not of known about the dispute at the time. My frend also looks after my apartment when I'm not there and people over looking the apartment tells me he looks in on the appartment daily

Tess

Visa application
A very common complication Builders and Landowners. Some Builders also act as Estate Agents. Are you 100 per cent sure he was not the builder of your apartment complex.
Is the entire issue being fought through the courts, or your particular 'situation'
Has your friend told you this OR are you going through it personally.
Do you have an independent Legal Representative of your own Searspe or are you using your friends.
Many people are going through issues with their builders/estate agents at present Searspe for exactly the same reason and the reason mostly appears to be the builder has not paid the landowner for the ground, thus the landowner will not release the tapus to the builder and the purchaser of the property can be facing BIG BIG probs to get the tapu. Even after the landowner has been paid the landowner can further hold the tapu until the habitation certificate is paid. A bit of a vicious circle Searspe and a very trying situation many find themselves in.

searspe

Visa application
Thanks all
I will write a letter without personel details, If I find out there is a need for bank details will let you all know why.

Tess

Visa application
I wish you well Searspe but with the greatest of respect, I feel you friend would be better placed staying in Turkey trying to sort out your situation than visiting you in the Uk. Of course this is none of my concern or my business but from one to another with issues I would be happier that way.

RIK

Visa application
My wife worked for UK. Immigration before we retired and she says that ' No Way ' do they ask for those kind of details.They want to know if the person visiting the UK. Has a Business and own's a House.Want to see Bank Account and return ticket.I see that you have already said that you will not give out those details, Well good for you.

Ian

haybags

Visa application
hi im in the process of a settlement visa but last year we applied for a visit visa and was refused,they are the hardest to get out of all of them.the main thing is he needs to prove he has enough money to fund his trip and any costs.he needs to show he has a good reason to travel back to turkey ( job,buisness etc) it would help if he has good savings in the bank too.the onus is on him.the only thing you could do is to supply a letter saying he could stay with you as you are his friend and you do not need to supply any financial paperwork ( i did and it didnt make any difference) he needs a letter from his manager to say he can take this time off etc and that he needs to be back to work on a certain date.it would save time if he could do his application at the main embassy ( istanbul or ankara) it helps speeds things up.as long as you follow the checklist on the worldbridge website you should have a good chance :)

Guz1

Visa application
We had one of our Turkish neighbours come to visit us in Ireland a few years ago. As far as I know, the procedures for getting a visa to Ireland as similar to those for the UK.

The letter should include information about how long you have known him. It should also include his travel dates and the address where he will be staying in the UK. He will be required to provide evidence (bank statement) that he has sufficient funds for the duration of his stay in the UK. If he has a job in Turkey, he may need to provide a letter from his employer stating that he will still have a job to return to. (Our neighbour was a student and had to get a letter from the school stating that he would be resuming his studies).

In our case, we stated that we would cover our neighbour's expenses. If you undertake to cover the cost of your friend's visit to the UK, you can expect to be asked for proof (bank statement) that you can afford it. They may also ask for evidence of how long you have known him......the Irish embassy required copies of passport pages showing Turkish entry and exit visas.

I'm pretty sure that the British Foreign Office website will give information of what information is required....application forms, etc.

Last edited:

egemencoskun

Visa application
another fraudster,why would you need to give your bank details,if you do .........he/she will clear out your bank a/c and disappear into the night..........
Hi Searspe,

On your letter all you need to say is he is going to stay with you in your apartment / house during his stay in the UK as visitor (you need to give your contact details and address in the UK). If he is not applying for residency, which will allow him to live and work in the UK, you do not need to give any bank details as it is unnecessary and not been asked by British embassy. For bills, it could be necessary as it is proof of your accommodation where he is going to spend his holiday.
I am Turkish and living in the UK and did come to England before as visitor and never been asked such a document. But he needs to provide the embassy with his bank statement.
In case he does not have enough money (depends on the duration of his stay but around 2,000_GBP should be enough) in his account then you should state on your invitation letter that you are going to support him financially during his stay in England and provide the British embassy with your bank statement. If you do not want anyone to get details of your bank account you can just hide your bank account number and sort code v.s. shown on your statement.

All the documents should be original and tell him to be really careful when he fills the application form. There are some tricky questions which can cause problems if not answered correctly (just check it before you let him to apply for visa).

I hope the information will help as I see you got no prober response apart from suspicious questions.

Visa application
"I hope the information will help as I see you got no prober response apart from suspicious questions"

Well said egemencoskun

Latest Posts

Top Bottom