ALGY

Visa and health check
Hi I heard on the news this morning that anyone travelling to Turkey,will have to que for the usual visa on arrival but also for a health check for swine flue,does anyone know if this is true.thanks..Algy

PASH

Visa and health check
I too heard this, i assume all they can do is take your temperature as a full blown swine flu test would mean we would have to wait in the terminal for 5 days

Mushroom

Visa and health check
Going over to Turkey last week we had to fill in a questionnaire which apart from our personal details and where we were staying asked us if we had a temperature, knew anyone or had been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with swine flu etc.
Then on arrival at Bodrum airport, there is a bloke with a heat sensing device pointing at all arrivals.
All a bit of a non-runner unless you are patently obviously running a high temperature as you arrive, but can't knock them for trying, but as Pash points out, you could contract it one day, arrive in Turkey the next and only display the symptoms a day or two afterwards.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Visa and health check
They've been doing it for a few weeks now. It's no great drama, it isn't creating much of a delay and at least they're making an effort.

Top Bottom