pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Virgin Atlantic- Eat Your Heart Out
Hmmmm Brings a whole new meaning to your boobs heading south dosen't it ......Diane

Gamuret

I wonder how many people watching this recognise the music - "Ride of the Valkyries" from Wagner's Die Walkure, where the warrior maidens are taking all the dead warriors killed in battle on their horses up to Valhalla, the Gods' castle?

Talk about taking the ..............!!! Somehow, I do not think that members of the Wagner Society, or any other Wagnerian for that matter, would be amused!

I wonder what Hitler would have said if he had still been alive!!!

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
I wonder how many people watching this recognise the music - "Ride of the Valkyries" from Wagner's Die Walkure, where the warrior maidens are taking all the dead warriors killed in battle on their horses up to Valhalla, the Gods' castle?

Talk about taking the ..............!!! Somehow, I do not think that members of the Wagner Society, or any other Wagnerian for that matter, would be amused!

I wonder what Hitler would have said if he had still been alive!!!

Well that is one of my favourite pieces of music, and I still thought tha Ad was funny.:gulme:

Peregrine

I wonder , where the warrior maidens are taking all the dead warriors killed in battle on their horses up to Valhalla, the Gods' castle?
[CO[/COLORCOLOR]

isnt Valhalla the Home of the Heroes and Asgard the Home of the Gods?

Gamuret

isnt Valhalla the Home of the Heroes and Asgard the Home of the Gods?
In Wagner's Ring cycle (consisting of four operas),Valhalla is the home of the gods of whom the chief is Wotan. It was built by the two giants Fafner and Fasholt. In the Ride of the Valkyries, his warrior daughters are taking all the people who have died in battle up to Valhalla on their horses. As in any opera, the plot is somewhat complicated and especially one that extends over four operas.

The other famous piece of music by Wagner that is widely recognised is the Wedding March from Act 3 of Lohengrin. It always amuses me that this should have become so widely used at weddings, as in the opera the marraige is never cosumated and doesn't last five minutes!! But then, that is opera for you!

As for Hitler he was passionate about Wagner's operas, even to the extent of having his music performed at party rallies and functions. Wagner was also antisemitic, insisting that the Jews poisoned public taste in the arts.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom