Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Violence against health care workers continues

Violence against health care workers continues despite measures, says report​

Full Story

Extract:
Violence against health care workers is still a major issue in the country amid the ongoing pandemic despite legal measures taken by authorities to prevent it, according to a new report by a labor union of health care workers.

The study conducted by Essential Health and Social Service Laborers’ Union (Öz-Sağlık-İş) has shown that 67 percent of the health care workers have been subjected to a form of violence at least once while working.

While verbal abuse has ranked first, it is followed by psychological, physical as well as sexual violence, according to the survey, which was conducted between August-October 2020 and joined by 8,001 healthcare workers across the country.

Hilsjw

That's just awful Tenpin. You do mean in Turkey ? Although it goes on here in the U.K. especially in A and E. departments. People don't know how lucky they are with the (mostly) medical expertise they have. A different story in Chad and other third world countries. We have much to be grateful for.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Unfortunately it is the same in many countries. i remember when we worked in the Middle East there was a police station at each hospital.

enoch

Violence against health care workers continues despite measures, says report​

Full Story

Extract:
Violence against health care workers is still a major issue in the country amid the ongoing pandemic despite legal measures taken by authorities to prevent it, according to a new report by a labor union of health care workers.

The study conducted by Essential Health and Social Service Laborers’ Union (Öz-Sağlık-İş) has shown that 67 percent of the health care workers have been subjected to a form of violence at least once while working.

While verbal abuse has ranked first, it is followed by psychological, physical as well as sexual violence, according to the survey, which was conducted between August-October 2020 and joined by 8,001 healthcare workers across the country.
It's been getting worse steadily but with what's going on it's coming to a head. They all do a brilliant job they don't need the extra stress.

429nufc

In the UK it seems to be mainly alcohol driven, is that the same in Turkey?
From my one late night visit to A & E some years ago i would have had more than half of the patients shot out and left to take their chances.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
That's just awful Tenpin. You do mean in Turkey ? Although it goes on here in the U.K. especially in A and E. departments. People don't know how lucky they are with the (mostly) medical expertise they have. A different story in Chad and other third world countries. We have much to be grateful for.
Yes, this is in Turkey.

In the UK it seems to be mainly alcohol driven, is that the same in Turkey?
From my one late night visit to A & E some years ago i would have had more than half of the patients shot out and left to take their chances.
I'm not sure if alcohol is involve, if I were to guess I would say no...just hot heads and angry (for whatever reason) relatives.

enoch

The alcohol problem in Turkey is getting worse, we have noticed a big difference in 15 years.

Mushroom

Alcohol and A&E do not mix in the UK but it isn't entirely the case. My wife works clinically based and bearing in mind to hear an English voice is now becoming rarer, the demands from patients range from 'Wanting' a translator, 'Wanting' to be seen immediately, even when they arrive late and verbal abuse is common, with sometimes threats of violence as well.
Without listing the league table of abusive, demanding and sometimes threatening patients and family she encounters, the best behaved are the travellers who live on a big purpose built estate on the outskirts of Wakefield.
As a Midwife/Sonographer her patients are all female and the traveling community, all of Irish descent are on time, polite and listen to what they are informed She is called 'Missy' and has never had any problems. Recently, with heavy snowfall that closed some roads, my wife managed to get into work on time as a result of setting off much earlier than usual and thought it would be doubtful that she would see anyone for an hour or two given the weather.
Her first appointment for 8am was already there, at 7.45am. It was a traveller. She was astounded that she had made it and early at that. I later pointed out that they built JCB's for a purpose !!
Contrast that with our great unwashed from the local sink estates who wouldn't have got out of bed for an appointment at that time but would then demand one asap.

Kanga

My last visit to an A & E was 4 years ago when I broke my leg in Cardiff. I waited 5 hours in UHW and was eventually seen at 2 am. There were security staff and bouncers in the waiting area and outside the doors too. Most of the aggro came from the usual nitwits who knew all about about their 'rights' and were a menace. Bet most of them had never paid for anything in their lives. This is part of the problem, there's little appreciation of the benefits provided free in UK.
Try living in USA and getting health care.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman

Over 1,800 people sentenced to prison due to violence against healthcare workers​

Full Story

Extract:
Some 1,811 people have been sentenced to prison for violence against healthcare workers in the past five years in Turkey, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca has said in response to a parliamentary question filed by a deputy of the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP).

“Some 3,064 people were fined and 1,811 people were sentenced to imprisonment due to violence against healthcare workers in health institutions between December 2015 and September 2020,” Koca said on Feb. 22.

“The investigations of 18,358 of the applications are continuing,” he added.

enoch

Over 1,800 people sentenced to prison due to violence against healthcare workers​

Full Story

Extract:
Some 1,811 people have been sentenced to prison for violence against healthcare workers in the past five years in Turkey, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca has said in response to a parliamentary question filed by a deputy of the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP).

“Some 3,064 people were fined and 1,811 people were sentenced to imprisonment due to violence against healthcare workers in health institutions between December 2015 and September 2020,” Koca said on Feb. 22.

“The investigations of 18,358 of the applications are continuing,” he added.
I spent a few hours yesterday in the devlet hospital. They behave like school children hugging around the doctors door. No one else exists in their eyes it's a lot to do with no respect.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom