stan

viewing trip bogus website
Hi I joined the forum and my wife and I having visited Turkey for many years decided to take the plunge and nervousley arranged a viewing trip. We looked at lots of websites and decided on Place Overseas as the website had lots of really nice properties priced less than a lot of others. When we arrived in Dalaman we were told when we asked about all the ones we wanted to view not to to take any notice of the website as it is used to attract people but we have loads of proerties to show you tis was from their own agent and he said it drives him mad at times but it gets the people out.

We originally spoke with Cameron who seamed knowledgeable but now know that it is just a front as we have since found out that he has had one company changed names and just about done whatever it takes to get a sale. When we were at the hotel( the best part of the trip ) we got speaking with some other clients and again they said they wouldnt dream of buying from them as the website had properties copied on from any website they come across, with fictitous prices

We feel really disapointed agian and have to say I dont think we can go through with actually buying. How can companies get away with this, surely ther must be some law of some kind to prevent misleading people this way.

I would like to know if anyone else has had experience with them Place Overseas or the website which is the same company, property turkey for sale or property republic we didnt know who we were dealing with we just couldnt trust to buy from a company like this.

We wonder is there actually any genuine companies out there?

After all this we still love Turkey though and will continue to go for holidays.

Harem

I've cliqued
Welcome to the forum. You will get lots of good advice on here although I am unable to help with your query there will be someone along shortly who can. We had only good experience when we first bought over here in Tasyaka. Our builder was first class and did everything for us.

arty

Sorry to hear of your bad experience lots of websites dont update there data
they keep good properties on to get you on viewing trips you have to do alot of research to find good people you are on a good website to find alot of information good luck

arty

Martyn

There plenty of good emlaks around, one Crescent Homes and also Turkishnewkeyhomes both with members on this forum. Have a good search on the forums and ask plenty of questions, you can make the right choice of holiday home.

red

Hi stan, we bought from Property Republic, we didn't have any problems although they didn't keep their website up to date re prices as you noted. We didn't have any problems apart from when the directors split not long after we'd sent a lot of money to them. Bank accounts were frozen and they were uncontactable for a day, at the time it was frightening. Cameron left property republic and set up the other company. Their rep in Bodrum was good.

carolk

R.I.P
Hi Stan, yes its a minefield!! I can only echo Martyn with the above post. There are some good ones albeit hard to find.

bev timms

bev timms
Stan,

we can only echo Panther...think 'resale'....look at members properties for sale...you will buy with more peace of mind as the relevant documents will be available for you to access.

Bev and Jan

Summertime

Golden Girls
There plenty of good emlaks around, one Crescent Homes and also Turkishnewkeyhomes both with members on this forum. Have a good search on the forums and ask plenty of questions, you can make the right choice of holiday home.
Hello Stan and welcome to the Forum, I agree with Martyn, if I was abel to buy again I would go to Crescent Homes or Turkish New Key Homes.
I went to some others and I have had a lot of trouble, as I still try to work it out, and I bougt 1 year ago. Dont go into the same trap.

paul clarke

paul & louise
Has anyone used the company Turkish Home Sweet Home, as I have heard they have a good reputation. If anyone does know about this company can you let me know.
thanks

Latest Posts

Top Bottom