Victim of rape, becomes victim of slow judicial process
sickening
women here already resort to doctors who take the risk to abort illegally and in todays atmosphere it really is a big risk.
why didnt this woman get an injection or morning after pill soon after the rape or has that been stopped now?

G&L

G&L
This was known as the X case in Ireland where the parents of the 14 yr old victim wanted to have dna taken in England during the abortion to ensure that the rapist was identified and she was stopped leaving the country, followed by massive court case and then let go but she actually had an miscarriage. This year only after pressure from us cc over 20 years and securing an Europena ruling on human rights abortion in cases like this is now legal in Ireland for the first time only if the woman is sucicidal......... dont even go there with me, if you want to know more pm me and I will send you some links. We also have a similar case in South America. However as we know Erdogan wants aided and abetted by his Minsiter for Health, for women to only have vaginal births as casearean will reduce the number of turkish citizens being born, also women should not have pain killers during the birth as it will make the male child weak!! What really makes me so angry is that right accross the world we have men making decisions about women's right to choose what is right for them. Women are perfectly capable iof making their own decisions especially about their reproductive lives at any given time and if the resources are put in place for them they will do so. You need to petition this immediately and am sure that it is being put into place now. So so sad for this young woman who needed the dna to prove who the attacker was, which is why she couldnt take a morning after pill even if was available to her, financial problems too. She needs our support as she is taking a case.

teosgirl

Shirley,

I don't know about this case but rape is pretty traumatic, I'm not sure people think very logically or clearly after the event.

I'm wondering if the comment posted under the article regarding Koranic law is accurate? I know that in sharia 4 witnesses take responsibility for many convictions, but it's incredible to believe a rape victim would have been lashed in the days of Mohammed for not having a witness to prove her case.
I often wonder how anyone finds peace in Islam.

Charlotte

is this comment you are referring to..i hadnt read it earlier..

Wishing the best to the poor woman. She’s lucky this happened now and not a few years later, however. If RTE’s ways fully prevail, a few years later the raped woman should have 4 men witnessing her being raped and then coming to the court to testify against the rapist. That’s what “he” says (24:4). Lacking the 4 spectators of the show, she’d be guilty of adultery. Punishment: 100 lashes (24:2). All in full compliance with modernity, common sense, and pure logic.

teosgirl

Yes, that's the one.

Charlotte

Curious to see that one person didn't find the original post helpful. It wasn't supposed to be helpful, rather highlight how the new legislation if effecting real lives. If you can't feel sympathy for these real women then I pity you.
Rape is never helpful, except to the rapist.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom