cweir

Veterinary Health certificates
We were stopped by the Jandama in Gumusluk for a routine check today. We had our 3 dogs in the car with us. The Jandama aked to see our identification and also the Venerinary Health certlficates for the dogs. We never carry their certificates with us but leave them at home. They warned us that it is an offence to transport the dogs without their certificates. We were let off with a warning but told to carry them in future. We were also told the dogs could be taken off us without proof of ownership. Does any other member know about this law?

Chichi

I have never heard of it.

If it is true, it is a very good thing to know.
I would also never think about taking their papers to go on an ordinary trip...
Will be more carefull from now on.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
That's a new one ! But it doesn't surprise me. Might be worth keeping a photocopy in the car for the future.

It might be one of those special requirements that's trumped by a 20 TL note. :hmm:

perfect1949

i just love my clique
thanks for letting us know , i live in gumusluk and i have never been stoped, when my dog is with me . it might be a new rule so i will keep his documents in the car in future

matty

We were stopped by the Jandama in Gumusluk for a routine check today. We had our 3 dogs in the car with us. The Jandama aked to see our identification and also the Venerinary Health certlficates for the dogs. We never carry their certificates with us but leave them at home. They warned us that it is an offence to transport the dogs without their certificates. We were let off with a warning but told to carry them in future. We were also told the dogs could be taken off us without proof of ownership. Does any other member know about this law?

OMG!! Whatever next??
A friend had a visit from the Zabita, who informed him that they wanted to take 2 of his 6 dogs away!! Because they said he had too many dogs!!!!
5 of which are rescue dogs, he refused and later found out they they had No authority to take any dog away.:angry:

RichnKim

We've Made It!
Haven't heard of that before.
Its worth knowing though - Thanks.

Richnkim

essie

Thanks for that useful info. We often have our 3 dogs with us in the car. I wonder whether it has anything to do with the recent poisonings in Gümüşlük and the subsequent public outcry.Hopefully it is the start off enforcing responsible dog ownership.

gra

belek member
hi
We were stoped at Antalya airport 2 weeks ago with our Boxer dog Cassy in the back of our Doblo, the security opened the back of the car before we could tell him the dog was inside, the look on his face is something i will never forget, and i am sure his fellow workmates will remind him of it for some time to come.
He jumped back and just said "go-go".

Latest Posts

Top Bottom